Power On: The Story of Xbox

Steve

This is a 6 part documentary about the creation and evolution of Xbox. Even if you're not an Xbox gamer yourself, if you're into gaming/tech, you'll probably enjoy this.

Part 1: -

The other 5 parts are also on the official Xbox YouTube channel.

• Like 2

im watching that episode now.  cant believe im actually watching all of these as im a play station guy. although i do have a 360 and a xbox one. but i bought those for my kids. dont get me wrong, i dont hate the xbox at all, i just like the playstation exclusives.  

Did you ever get hit by the RROD?

I did, but only once. I waited until the "Falcon" revision of the 360 came out before buying one, as that was rumoured to be the "fixed" one. One day I was playing online with a mate and we were talking about how we hadn't seen another mutual gaming friend of ours for a week or so. I jokingly said "maybe his Xbox got the RROD", then literally a minute or two after I said that, mine got it, lol.

A couple of my friends went through 4 or 5 of them.

no RROD for me.  I got both of mines used.  The one i got for the kids is the older style with the detachable hard drive. i got it pre owned from game stop. The xbox one is pre owned from game stop as well.  my 360 is the newer style with the hard drive inside and built in wifi. I got that one from a thrift shop.  That first one that i bought the kids...... actually thats their 2nd one. i had to replace it since the hdmi port was bad. and they couldnt play minecraft with two people without hdmi. wouldnt work thru the component cable.  I dont buy consoles when they first come out. first of all, you can never get your hands on them when they first come out.  And they usually have bugs that need to be worked out.  at the rate we're going, it still might be another 2 years until i buy a ps5 or an xbox series x.  The kids are in love with their nintendo switch now.  hell, i just got myself a switch lite.