Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation sued for child sex trafficking

Steve

There's some wild accusations being made: -

According to several alleged victims, Afrika Bambaataa considered himself an intergalactic being who had to protect himself from wicked forces. He put tape over his VCR and Betamax to prevent Big Brother from spying on him and believed all phones were tapped. A new world order would soon be here and Bambaataa believed he gained superpowers by swallowing the semen of young boys.

https://www.metropolisnewspaper.com/articles/afrika-bambaataa-and-the-zulu-nation-sued-for-child-sex-trafficking

I don't recall the details, but it has been reported years ago that Afrika Bambaataa is a child molester. I remember an old thread here where I stated how ironic it is that this happened within the Zulu Nation of all places. [Browsing those old threads, I might have that wrong - I probably just thought it..]

So what are the new accusations? The only new (to me) details are that aliens are involved. A good lawyer might use that to declare him insane, so he gets a lesser punishment. Given the severity, that might or might not help.

1 hour ago, mfsop said:

I don't recall the details, but it has been reported years ago that Afrika Bambaataa is a child molester. I remember an old thread here where I stated how ironic it is that this happened within the Zulu Nation of all places. [Browsing those old threads, I might have that wrong - I probably just thought it..]

So what are the new accusations? The only new (to me) details are that aliens are involved. A good lawyer might use that to declare him insane, so he gets a lesser punishment. Given the severity, that might or might not help.

Yup the first allegations came out around when Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow began touring for Renegades of Rhythm which used Bam's original records. One guy then loads more came out with similar stories. That tour was quickly shelved presumably because of the allegations. I was fortunate to see it in Austin. Was awesome. Think they canceled just before it went overseas. i got a t-shirt at the show. Really cool design but was already leery of wearing it and now... esh. Maybe just around the house. 

Aye, there's been rumours flying around about Bambaataa for years. It was only fairly recently that people actually came forward with their stories.

When the stuff about Jimmy Savile first came out I was highly sceptical, cos it seemed odd that several people only came forward after he was dead, but that's how shit like this often goes when a person is in a position of fame/power. People hear stuff, but because they haven't got conclusive proof, they keep their mouths shut about it, or in some cases, they're in denial about it cos the accused is often someone who is seen as good/positive, e.g. Savile doing all of his charity work, and Bambaataa being one of the pioneers when it comes to hip-hop. Also, there really are liars and grifters out there who will make shit up for money or attention, which really doesn't help.

If Bambaataa really is guilty of any of this shit, I hope he gets his just desserts. I'm surprised nobody's put a bullet in him yet tbh.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there's much doubt that Bambaataa did this stuff. The only surprise is it took so long to come out as it was going on in the early to mid-80s and only eventually became common knowledge a few years ago. That's a 30 year conspiracy of silence. He's no longer in the Zulu Nation as far as I'm aware and the Zulu Nation came out with an apology to his victims after initially refuting the accusations.

As I say, at least from what I've read, this goes back years and there have been at least two people who have publicly announced they were abused by Bam. One other person who I believe was abused (again, from what I've read) was Sipho from London Posse during one of the mid-80s Zulu Nation tours in the UK.

• Like 2