Biz Markie RIP

savwar

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/16/arts/music/biz-markie-dead.html

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jul/16/hip-hop-star-biz-markie-rapper-dies-just-a-friend

Biz Markie, the New York rapper, beatboxer and producer, has died at age 57.

Markie’s representative, Jenni Izumi, said the rapper and DJ died peacefully Friday evening with his wife by his side. The cause of death has not been released.

• Sad 2

From Wikipedia:

In April 2020, Markie was hospitalized due to severe complications from Type 2 diabetes.[35] In December 2020, it was reported that Markie was staying in a rehabilitation facility as a result of a stroke he had suffered after going into a diabetic coma.[36]

On July 1, 2021, rumors of his death circulated on Twitter. His representative told Rolling Stone, "The news of Biz Markie's passing is not true, Biz is still under medical care, surrounded by professionals who are working hard to provide the best healthcare possible."[37] Markie would ultimately die at a Baltimore hospital fifteen days later, on July 16, at age 57.[38]

So sad to lose another.... was at Scout camp with my oldest son all last week which is where I heard. Had a series of memories come flooding back of when I was his age and Just a Friend had hit the airwaves... spent the whole week with just the hook stuck in my head and no way to hear the rest. Was sad but also kinda full circle to be at Scout camp with my son when he passed. RIP.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Wax On said:

Wow, that thread is gold. Also... soulstrut, forgot about that place. best emoticons in the game nah mean

• Like 1