DV updated 23.06.2021 - new features include achievements and web push notifications

Steve

I installed the latest update to the site's software earlier today.

There's now an achievements feature, which you can see to the left of your profile pic and also in your main profile itself. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but we're all starting from scratch with it, so we're all "Newbie" at the moment.

The site now supports web push notifications. Previously, notifications would only pop if you had the site open in your browser. If you enable push notifications, you will get notifications from DV on your device even if you don't currently have the site open in your browser. They need to be enabled, which you can do at the bottom of the notification settings page. Also, note that when you enable push notifications, you also have to select them for each category on the settings page, so click on a category and select "Notification List + Push". If you have a category set to just "Notification List", you will not get push notifications for it, so yeah - make sure you've got it set up properly if you want push notifications to be enabled.

There are some other new features, but nothing that's really notable for the way DV is used. The update includes a bunch of bug fixes and improvements too.

As always, if you have any problems, reply to this thread and let me know.

• Like 4