MS to expand their game streaming service with new devices, as well as building it into TVs

Steve

MS have a game streaming service called xCloud. They're partnering with various TV manufacturers to build xCloud functionality directly into new TVs, so all you would need is a controller.

They are also going to be making a cheap game streaming device that you can connect to an existing TV or monitor to access the xCloud service without having to own an Xbox console.

Soon, you will be able to access xCloud streaming via a web browser too - Edge, Chrome, or Safari - so you can play Xbox games on pretty much any PC, and they'll be building xCloud functionality into the Xbox app.

They have almost finished upgrading the hardware they use in their datacentres to Xbox Series X consoles. Originally when it launched, they were using Xbox One S hardware, so this will lead to much better performance and faster loading times. The service is also expanding to more countries, with Australia, Brazil, Mexico, and Japan being added to the list of supported countries later this year.

It seems they're really going all out with this stuff.

That *could* be a real game changer (rimshot). Seriously if they pull this off it aligns very well with their push to be more of a content provider rental service. Very smart move IMO but also is hard to predict consumers. I think the big thing is tying up TV manufacturers so it's included in all Smart TVs. That really would hurt most of their competition. 

Me and my brother used to use that OnLive service back in god knows when. It felt pretty cool and futuristic and worked OK for me.

I treat my consoles as total loss of money - especially now I do digital only on Switch and PS5 - so I could happily use a streaming service and just be milked forever on a subscription. I already pay of Playstation Plus which I pretty much never use anyway.