Nautilus Chop

OKJoy

I usually don't like to sample those songs that have been flipped a bunch of times, but ended up entering a beat battle where nautilus was the sample and 9th wonder the judge. Turned out decent after 1 attempt, was gonna make something uptempo but the chop sounded much better as hip hop.

Anyone else compete in this battle? feel free to post your entry here

• Like 5

damn, i wish i had this a few months ago.  I did a nautilus mix on twitch the other month.  I got snuck in a few flips that other people did along with other songs that sampled nautilus.  This one you did would have fit in perfect.  oh well, still sounds dope. nice one.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OKJoy said:

Anyone else compete in this battle? feel free to post your entry here

I started on a beat for this battle but didn't have time to finish it due to work commitments.... I will probably finish it at some indeterminate time in the future...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TBearOne8III said:

damn, i wish i had this a few months ago.  I did a nautilus mix on twitch the other month.  I got snuck in a few flips that other people did along with other songs that sampled nautilus.  This one you did would have fit in perfect.  oh well, still sounds dope. nice one.  

damn man! would've been great to contribute to your mix, thanks for listening

13 hours ago, djdiggla said:

Nice beat man! Didn't we do a DV battle with this record? 

Thanks ! I've never participated in a battle on DV but it's good to know about

6 hours ago, Mike-L said:

I started on a beat for this battle but didn't have time to finish it due to work commitments.... I will probably finish it at some indeterminate time in the future...

Cool, would be awesome to hear it

Edited by OKJoy

8 hours ago, OKJoy said:

damn man! would've been great to contribute to your mix, thanks for listening

Thanks ! I've never participated in a battle on DV but it's good to know about

Cool, would be awesome to hear it

It was a good one.

Original thread and beats if you're interested. Samples were from the entire record so not totally the same but maybe interesting to check out. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, djdiggla said:

It was a good one.

Original thread and beats if you're interested. Samples were from the entire record so not totally the same but maybe interesting to check out. 

That was possibly the best DV battle ever Dirk!.. certainly my fave that I participated in.

It's funny cause I was listening to that battle just a couple of days ago..there were some brilliant entries and those tracks still sound really dope. 

@OKJoy every beat maker needs to flip Nautilus at least once hehe ..was it 9th Wonder who said that ?

He was absolutely correct of course!

• Like 1