Attn Steve: Xbox issue

djdiggla

Hey man have you had trouble since the new update? My main xbox (S) the controller disconnects half the time and it's not recognizing the external. My older one seems to be fine tho which is pretty annoying. If yours is good what are your power settings? Instant on? HD off when system off? etc

I'm not having any issues, but I don't use an external hard drive with mine cos I have a Series X, so I'm using one of those Seagate expansion cards.

Try pulling the power to it for a minute or two, to see if that helps. Sometimes it can fix weird quirks.

Failing that, you could try factory resetting it. There's an option to keep your games/apps installed, so if you choose that it's pretty painless. Once it's done, you just need to run through the initial console setup steps again, but your games/apps will still be installed, although obviously, if they are on the external drive and that's still not recognised after the reset, you'd still be kinda screwed, but it's worth a shot.

• Like 1

I'll give it a shot. I've done the hard reboot but not pulled the power or factory reset.

It's weird this happens probably once a year with my S but the the original One is always fine.