Virgin Media email spam solution (working as of Feb 14th 2021)

Steve

In recent weeks, a lot of people that use VM email have found that they've started to get a lot of spam emails arriving in their inboxes, usually stuff about your supposed Norton subscription expiring, or your PC being in danger - all of it complete bullshit designed to try and get you to visit a site that will steal you information if you enter it in there.

There have been LOTS of complaints about this on VM's support forum, but VM have said nothing whatsoever about whether they have any plans to address this, leading me to believe that they don't.

Either way, thanks to a poster on the VM forums called DaveW96, there is a solution that is so far working perfectly for me.

Log into VM's webmail service and click the hamburger menu at the upper right, then "Settings". Click on "Email" on the left, then "Filter Rules", then create a new rule that looks like this: -

SbtP9dL.jpg

Since doing this, it has caught every single spam email sent to me, without any false positives at all, as you can see here: -

KHirESi.jpg

You can tell if the filter is what's caught the spam email by the little blue icon on the right next to each email, so in this case, you can see that 100% of the emails in the spam folder were caught by it, and you can clearly see that they are all spam, so no legit emails have ended up in there.

Hopefully VM themselves will address this issue at some point, but if you're annoyed by spam arriving in your inbox, give this a go.