I did some refurb work on my Elite controller.....

Steve

I've had this controller for a long time and it's seen a shit load of use. The first gen Elite controllers are notorious for the rubber grips peeling off, and that happened to this one too. The only way to fix it really is to glue them back down, but it can get a bit messy. I ended up getting superglue on the faceplate of the controller, then like a dick, I tried to wipe it off with some tissue, which of course just stuck to the controller, lol

I picked up a new faceplate and some new outer grips and it looks way better than it did. The faceplate looks better in the flesh, as it's sorta sparkly and changes colour a little depending what angle you look at it: -

EVCGCqd.jpg

Unfortunately there's no way to change the inner grips without changing the entire controller shell and I couldn't find anywhere that sold them, but the outer grips are now as good as new: -

OqtA5bv.jpg

• Like 2

One of my Switch controllers has loads of drift / ghost left movement. Really annoying, seems a common problem. I've got all the little tools I need, just got to sit down and have a crack at opening it up and cleaning it a load. Plus it doesn't always charge properly. Stupid Nintendo.

3 hours ago, Deft said:

One of my Switch controllers has loads of drift / ghost left movement. Really annoying, seems a common problem. I've got all the little tools I need, just got to sit down and have a crack at opening it up and cleaning it a load. Plus it doesn't always charge properly. Stupid Nintendo.

I had to replace the stick on 4 controllers a few months ago because they would all drift. I don't think cleaning them will fix the drift. The first one maybe took me 25 minutes because you have to learn how things are positioned on each side (they're not exactly mirrored when you compare left and right) but the other 3 took like 10 minutes total. That was absolutely worth it. Stupid Nintendo.

8 hours ago, Deft said:

Nintendo is doing free repairs. Two of my JoyCons should be back any day. Here is the US link. I'm sure there is one for the UK/Europe too.