Headphones: what are you using?

Steve

The 3 pairs I use the most are: -

Sennheiser RS130 - The sound quality is average at best, but they're wireless, have a long range, 24+ hours of battery life, and there's zero noticeable latency, so I use them a lot around the house.

Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X - My gaming headset. It's fucking great. Really comfortable and light, with excellent sound quality and a really good mic.

Sony WH-1000XM3 - I use this one with my phone. As noise cancelling headsets go, it's really good.

I have a few others, but I haven't used them in ages, including my AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ headphones.

What are you guys using these days?

For my DJ setup I was using Sennheiser HD-280 Pro. These were ok, under £100 I think. Don't sound amazing but keep out ambient noise / fader clicks well enough when scratch practicing.

General listening I'm now on the wireless noise cancelling bandwagon, Sony WH-1000XM3. I do like these, think I paid £250 odd for them. New version is out now.

I've also got a pair of Sennheiser HD-650. These were my "production" / DJ mix editing and listening headphones. These were pretty expensive but did sound great. They've kind of got superceded as I got bored switching them over with my DJ headphones and now I'm wireless for day to day stuff.

I've bought some of those Sony PS5 3D audio headsets which I'll probably never use.

I also used to have some in ear Shure jobbies which I liked, though they got a bit uncomfortable with the expanding foam / squish them in your ear approach.

• Like 1

im still rocking the old sony 700's for dj'ing.  i got an old pair of beats studio that take batteries.  I sometimes use them on the phone if i dont have my bluetooth set on.  the beats are good for zoom meetings.  i do like that the cord is replaceable.  other than that, i still dont see whats so great about them. but they are an old pair of beats.  found them at a thrift shop for $10.

• Like 1