New Pioneer DJM S11 Mixer

Jon

Pioneer just announced a new DVS mixer.

im obviously going to be biased because I worked on the project but it’s honestly got so much sick stuff in it - 3/4 deck mixing on a scratch mixer, being able to load preselected scratch sentences or tracks from the mixer pads so you don’t waste time going through playlists when mixing, loads of new effects routing and pad mode splitting etc.

ill have a new routine and walkthrough up with it on the pioneer channels soon but if anyone has any questions I’m happy to try to answer. I’ve had one since July so know it pretty well now :

• Like 1

Any gold versions on the horizon?

I've still never used the S9 sitting in my cupboard (BOAST). I'm contemplating whether to rejig my setup once house refurb is done, and actually use all this stupid gold equipment I've collected, or flog it off.

I'm too lazy to watch the vids, give me the sales pitch of S11 vs S9.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deft said:

I've still never used the S9 sitting in my cupboard (BOAST). I'm contemplating whether to rejig my setup once house refurb is done, and actually use all this stupid gold equipment I've collected, or flog it off.

I've got a can of gold spray paint. Will do good job on an S11 for your S9. Will pay postage. Deal?

8 hours ago, Deft said:

There's a special edition which has a faceplate that looks like old 909 mixer but no gold.

S11 upgrades on S9 (there's no downgrades)

- Screen for waveform displaying, controlling fx, touchscreen fx combos, controlling the 3/4 decks and browsing your library, setting all your saved fx banks etc + general mixer settings that you'd have to do in Utitlity Software on the S9

-3/4 deck mode - allows you to do multiple deck mixing and nudge/hot cue/loop/adjust levels etc of these decks with screen + you can control a physical deck and a digital deck with vinyl - so you can scratch both tracks with one deck, adjust pitch, do a wheel up, use eq and channel fader etc. it's actually really inventive and innovative imho and the biggest feature for me

- split pad modes - you can have up to 4 pad modes at once

- you can now chain 1 hardware effect with up to 6 software effects plus the filter - again can be combined with the touchscreen x/y pad

- smooth echo allows you to assign an automatic timed echo (synced up to the bpm of the tracks) when you pull down the channel fader, or cross fader, or you can assign it to hot cues and other stuff

- more effects customisation - makes it way easier to adjust things like resonance, filter settings on delays etc

- scratch bank mode - allows you to have loads of tracks set to pads that you can load in quickly with the mixer - you could use this for scratch samples, or loading beats in a routine for example

- then there's all the pad modes like tone play that the S9 didn't have but newer dvs mixers did

- better audio quality and improved fader and bigger/better pads

- it's slightly taller because of the screen and now the trim pots are above the eq like most other mixers

- there's more recording routing options too when used as a soundcard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:52 AM, Jon said:

There's a special edition which has a faceplate that looks like old 909 mixer but no gold.

S11 upgrades on S9 (there's no downgrades)

- you can now chain 1 hardware effect with up to 6 software effects plus the filter - again can be combined with the touchscreen x/y pad

- there's more recording routing options too when used as a soundcard

Jon, does this have a hardware effects loop?  Looked at it briefly the other day but couldn't find anything.