DV updated 29.09.2020

Steve

You might have noticed that things have changed a bit..... to say the least.

Obviously it's gonna take some getting used to, and there are still things to do. I've only just finished doing the main update as it took absolutely ages.

If you have any issues, post them here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Also, if you want to change your notification settings, click the bell at the top. You can have the browser pop up a notification if you prefer, so you'll get a notification even if you're not on DV, although that's disabled by default.

@mentions are also enabled, so you can summon someone to a thread by typing @Deft or whatever and they'll get a notification that you mentioned them.

• Like 1

I've set the dark theme as the default for now. You can switch to the light theme at the bottom of the forum, but I might change it again.

I've added some content blocks, so birthdays at the top, new topics on the right, and recently online members at the bottom, much like before.

Thanks man, and thanks for your help last night. I managed to get the SSL issue sorted, so there should be no more messages about the site not being secure.

This version of the forum software is a massive improvement on what we had before. It's crazy how easy they've made it to add/customise things just by dragging blocks around in edit mode, compared to the old site where you'd have to go searching for plug-ins, upload files manually, edit code etc.

I really like some of the new user features too. Notifications are great, and there's some cool new ways to view/sort content. There's lots of little tweaks here and there.

Everything is pretty much done, but I can change settings or make tweaks if necessary.

• Like 1

DV Is like a posh version of SP Forums now,hehe..thats no bad thing either,the place is a fucking dump. 

Really like this new layout so far..looks dope!

Oi...I've just noticed my avatar you massive bastard! .. 

FLOL  😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I forgot to mention 2 changes, although you may have noticed them by now.....

The forum now follows the proper standards for carriage breaks, so pressing enter on your keyboard inserts a blank line ready for you to start the next paragraph, compared to previously where pressing it just takes you to the next line.

BBCode is currently not enabled and I almost certainly will not be re-enabling it. Now, when you copy and paste a link into a post, if it's something that can be embedded, such as a direct link to an image, a YouTube video, something on SoundCloud or whatever, it automatically embeds it into the post so you can see the embedded content before you even submit the post, then underneath that it gives you the option to just post a plain link instead if you prefer.

2 hours ago, Steve said:

The forum now follows the proper standards for carriage breaks, so pressing enter on your keyboard inserts a blank line ready for you to start the next paragraph, compared to previously where pressing it just takes you to the next line.

*Puts on nerd specs

If you press Enter and Shift simultaneously, it will take you to the next line. This is handy when you want to jump immediately to the next line below without starting a new paragraph.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JHouse said:

Sorry Dan, I couldn't resist. I still have your old avatar if you want it.

Done it already hehe...:)

And that's not just any old avatar...that's a custom made,photoshopped one off avatar of Pamela Anderson licking a kestrel,the mascot bird of this forum no less. 

It's not some random rubbish image from Google like everyone else chooses around here.

So even though I'm not a moderator I'm giving you 1000 warning points. 

And I'm also sending you a subliminal 'Judo mind throw'..probably.

Stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it....

• Like 1

You can still change to the dark theme by clicking on "Theme" at the very bottom of the forum, but I changed it so that the light one is the default again. Your choice will stick from now on cos I won't change it again.