Good webcam these days for recording skratch sessions?

JHouse

I'm looking for something not too expensive, but not cheap. Something that records good quality video while skratching and finger drumming, plus allows me to record audio directly. That's about it. GoPro's or the like would be overkill.

Please advise.

get a irig2. some say you can use a rca to 1/8 inch headphone jack to record audio but i've never tried it. couldnt be bothered to buy an irig2 but alot of dj's that post vids on fb and ig swear by it. its only $40.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/IK-Multimedia/iRig-2-Guitar-Interface-for-iOS-Mac-and-Select-Android-Devices-1423495788696.gc?rNtt=irig%202&index=1

i mean, as long as the volume is up on your speakers and the phone is relatively close then the sound is good. its just not as clean and you can hear all the fader clicks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and while it seems promising, I've decided to take the webcam route and thus bypass my phone for misc. reasons. I want the camera set up at all times so it's easy to just start recording stuff, then have both the video and audio on my computer for editing purposes. Trying to workout a nice, simple workflow, otherwise I won't use it. After doing a little more investigating, I'll prolly take the Logitech direction as I had one before and it worked pretty well, plus allowed me to record directly and sync everything without any input from me.

cool. i got this gooseneck mount for my phone that i got on amazon. im in the basement now so i just clip it to the wood beams on the ceiling. and then i salvaged an old suction cup cell phone mount that attaches to the windshield of your car. yeah, the suction cup ripped off after being beat up by the sunlight. anyway, i screwed that to another beam on the other side of my set up so i can do different angles. i just use my 2 cell phones. the s10 and s7. it works for me. but, when i did that blend session with my buddy on zoom i did use a web cam. funny enough, it came with some workout game from the nintendo wii. but the cam was usb. plugged it in the computer and it worked. not HD though, but it worked well for zoom.

now that i think about it. if your doing sessions with other people online then that logitech may be the best bet.

• Like 1