New Pioneer DJ headphones with Bluetooth ($99)

djdiggla

have any of you ever Djed with a set of Bluetooth headphones?

Just wondering if the latency would be noticeable.

Are any mixers compatible these days or do you need to have a receiver going into the headphone jack?

I'd be interested at that price point. I'm too careless sometimes so i have a hard time investing too much.

I have destroyed good sony and pioneer ones needlessly in the past...

Plus i'm not actually that fussy about what headphones i use when Djing.

have any of you ever Djed with a set of Bluetooth headphones?

Just wondering if the latency would be noticeable.

Are any mixers compatible these days or do you need to have a receiver going into the headphone jack?

I'd be interested at that price point. I'm too careless sometimes so i have a hard time investing too much.

I have destroyed good sony and pioneer ones needlessly in the past...

Plus i'm not actually that fussy about what headphones i use when Djing.

I never have. It comes with a detachable cable too so I think the idea is use it for DJing AND as bluetooth (has a mic it looks like for calls). I think it's supposed to be challenging the Beats Solo3. I guess you could use Bluetooth for Ableton sets but not sure how you would use it for anything else... do any modern mixers support Bluetooth?

$69 is cheap. almost too cheap. for headphones to rock with my cellphone maybe, but i would be leary for spinning with them. sure if your just in the house it should be fine. but are they loud enough to rock at a venue??

I think $69 is for the non-Bluetooth version. The Bluetooth ones say coming soon and don't have a price but $99 is what's been leaked.

The low price actually puts me off with most tech stuff, cos sacrifices are being made somewhere.

Yeah that's a good point. Looks like they are basing the design on existing cans so maybe they save some money tooling the factory machines and look to make it up on scalability. Big enough brand to be possible but IDK. Also its DJ headphones not audiophile headphones. Not that DJ headphones are shit but I'm not paying crazy money for DJ headphones... You can get Sennheiser HDs for $150. $100 for the Light. $200 for the Plus. So kinda in line price wise.

I'm seeing $69 for the HDJ-CUE1 but no price ('coming soon') for the three HDJ-CUE1BT which is the bluetooth one. Back to the price, I bet they are expecting people to do the custom colored earpads and headphone cable "accessory package" which the DJTT article inferred is going to cost $$. Get ya with the up-sale.

• Like 1

Will do. I'm pretty much checking out that page daily to see if the BT version is available. However, I'm a bit hesitant to purchase them given that they're a new product and with most new items there are issues. That being said though, Pioneer generally makes quality gear, so hopefully I should be good.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...