Wiley being investigated by the police over anti-Semitic rant on Twitter

Steve

Fuck knows what's going on with all of the anti-Semitic rants just lately. Various sportsmen. Ice Cube. Jay Electronica. Wiley.

The home secretary has demanded a "full explanation" from Twitter and Instagram on why anti-Semitic posts by rapper Wiley were not removed more quickly.

Police are investigating a series of posts on the grime artist's social media accounts. He has been temporarily banned from both Twitter and Instagram.

Priti Patel said the posts were anti-Semitic and "abhorrent".

"Social media companies must act much faster to remove such appalling hatred from their platforms," she said.

Wiley, 41, known as the "godfather of grime", shared conspiracy theories and insulted Jewish people on his Instagram and Twitter accounts, which together have more than 940,000 followers.

Twitter removed some of Wiley's tweets with a note saying they violated its rules - but other tweets were still visible 12 hours after being posted. It later said Wiley's account had been locked for seven days.

Facebook - which owns Instagram - said on Sunday that the platform had also blocked the rapper from his account for seven days, and that there was "no place for hate speech on Instagram".

Wiley's series of posts began on Friday night and his manager John Woolf's initial response was that, having known the artist for 12 years, "he does not truly feel this way".

But on Saturday, Mr Woolf said he had "cut all ties" with the London-born rapper and that there was "no place in society for anti-Semitism".

Wiley first entered the UK singles charts with Wearing My Rolex in 2008. His subsequent hits include Heatwave in 2012 and Boasty in 2019, a collaboration with rappers Stefflon Don and Sean Paul and actor Idris Elba.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53544902

Fuck knows what's going on with all of the anti-Semitic rants just lately. Various sportsmen. Ice Cube. Jay Electronica. Wiley.

I read somewhere (I forget where or I'd link it) that a lot of these people, at least in the US, have links or are part of the Nation of Islam and they don't appear to be fans of Jews: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam_and_antisemitism

I didn't do much reading on it as personally I think all religion is bollox.

He said that he agreed with Nick Cannon, who was recently fired after doing an interview with Professor Griff where he said that white people don't have empathy because of the lack of melanin in their skin, that black people were the real Semites, and the usual stuff about Jews controlling the world, which Wiley also tweeted out.

He said that Jews were one of two groups of people that nobody wanted to challenge, the other being the KKK.

He said that Jews have no claim to Israel and that it doesn't belong to them, and that they're cowards and snakes.

He seemed mad about his record contract.

Shit went on for ages. He was going on a proper rampage with it.

Facebook has deleted the personal account of rapper Wiley after he shared abusive posts aimed at his Jewish critics.

His comments came after an anti-Semitic tirade on Twitter on Friday.

The BBC found posts on Facebook under his real name Richard Kylea Cowie.

He specifically named Jewish celebrities - including Lord Alan Sugar, comedian David Baddiel and BBC presenter Emma Barnett.

A Facebook spokesperson said Wiley's account was removed for "repeated violations" of its policies. It initially suspended, then deleted the grime artist's Facebook and Instagram profiles. The BBC has contacted the musician for comment.

Wiley wrote: "Listen Golders Green ring my sister and let's meet asap"; "David Baddiel come and talk to my face"; and "Who called the police? Are you from Golders Green? I am coming to sit down with you... Labyrinth you could come along as you have forgotten what colour you are." East London rapper Labrinth posted a sharp rebuke of Wiley on Twitter over the weekend.

A number of comments on Wiley's Facebook posts also included anti-Semitic abuse.

Full article at the BBC, HERE.

I'm so ignorant of history and politics, but I guess there are religious and political angles to the Israeli / Palastinian conflict and people then pick a side. But I've never understood the batshit conspiracy stuff, or where that comes from. I even Googled it years back and don't remember becoming any wiser.

This famous American football receiver retweeted a lot of those similar things and went on to (mis)quote Hitler inferring he had the right idea. No mincing words.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/desean-jackson-hitler-quote-louis-farrakhan-anti-semitic

He said that he agreed with Nick Cannon, who was recently fired after doing an interview with Professor Griff where he said that white people don't have empathy because of the lack of melanin in their skin, that black people were the real Semites, and the usual stuff about Jews controlling the world, which Wiley also tweeted out.

He said that Jews were one of two groups of people that nobody wanted to challenge, the other being the KKK.

He said that Jews have no claim to Israel and that it doesn't belong to them, and that they're cowards and snakes.

He seemed mad about his record contract.

Shit went on for ages. He was going on a proper rampage with it.

Didn't you know that it's all the Rothschild's Masterplan. Griff needs a humongeous tinfoil-hat

• Like 1

He said that Jews have no claim to Israel and that it doesn't belong to them

^^Arguable for sure. Little late tho... possession is 9/10 of ownership.

Professor Griff where he said that white people don't have empathy because of the lack of melanin in their skin

^^How fucking ironic.... basically the emotional flip of the bigoted viewpoint that blacks lack mental capacity because of their skin. What a dumbass. Using the same logic that's been levied against him.

^^How fucking ironic.... basically the emotional flip of the bigoted viewpoint that blacks lack mental capacity because of their skin. What a dumbass. Using the same logic that's been levied against him.

It's a bit like this, lol: -

• Like 1