Automated scratches

Ok, hang on let me edit this

This video is from Rasteri who is the baddest mfer in dj gear, undisputed.

He hacked the chip in this mixer and changed the auto cuts to actual scratches, which proves (again) hes a genius, but it proves that auto cuts can be useful.

I think (as I posted on here years ago about my own tinkering with my 06 samurai) that by using the auto cuts (not just for their auto functions, but in conjunction with manual cutting) that entirely new scratches can be created.

• Like 1

I like that he got all the way to reprogramming it. I always felt like as we got to digital mixer architecture, these things would be a bit more programmable - i.e. you could draw in the curves and cut points you wanted, including multi-clicks etc. Do any mixers do this, have I missed something? I know there was some cut-in distance adjustment etc. but no-one seems to have gone crazy with full customisation.

I like that he got all the way to reprogramming it. I always felt like as we got to digital mixer architecture, these things would be a bit more programmable - i.e. you could draw in the curves and cut points you wanted, including multi-clicks etc. Do any mixers do this, have I missed something? I know there was some cut-in distance adjustment etc. but no-one seems to have gone crazy with full customisation.

I dont know about anything else, other than that pioneer controller.

Hell probably hack that next.