How Tim Westwood sounded in 1984

Steve

Pretty crazy how much his voice changed just in the 2-3 years following this. I used to get tapes of his shows on Capital in 1987 and 1988 and by then, he kinda sounded like he does now, but much less exaggerated and over the top. He sounds completely different here though.

I snorted when I heard the second one! Yeah way different. But to be fair it makes more of an impression/memorable which is probably important in media. First voice I think of that really stands out is Casey Kasem. I used to always try and imitate him on log car rides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV7WF5VVwuo

• Like 1

Btw what was te story that Westwood got dissed by KRS in his radioshow, i never got that.

I think KRS-One was being a fucking nob on that show. He seemed like he just wanted to get into an argument.

He tried to imply that he gets no love from Radio 1, while he was live on Radio 1. Westwood played a bunch of his songs and segments of his live shows.

He accused Westwood of saying that he'd fallen off and that he had a recording of him saying it, but when Westwood said he wanted to hear the tape, he changed the subject.

He said that Westwood used to show him love, but no longer does, which Westwood responded to by saying that he had contacted KRS's management multiple times to try and get him on the Rap Exchange radio show he did with Funkmaster Flex in NYC, but KRS never responded.

KRS then tried to imply that the people on the streets were saying that Westwood doesn't play real hip-hop and blah, blah, blah - he just seemed like he was salty about his latest album not selling as well as the previous ones, and was taking it out on Westwood.

• Like 2

Another crazy change was Busta Rhymes. Word was he was good but couldn't break through. Had a kid and decided he needed to do whatever to standout. And blew up.

From this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egooqyzzFBM

to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7hJ4VzA0Yk

• 2 weeks later...

Btw what was te story that Westwood got dissed by KRS in his radioshow, i never got that.

I think KRS-One was being a fucking nob on that show. He seemed like he just wanted to get into an argument.

He tried to imply that he gets no love from Radio 1, while he was live on Radio 1. Westwood played a bunch of his songs and segments of his live shows.

He accused Westwood of saying that he'd fallen off and that he had a recording of him saying it, but when Westwood said he wanted to hear the tape, he changed the subject.

He said that Westwood used to show him love, but no longer does, which Westwood responded to by saying that he had contacted KRS's management multiple times to try and get him on the Rap Exchange radio show he did with Funkmaster Flex in NYC, but KRS never responded.

KRS then tried to imply that the people on the streets were saying that Westwood doesn't play real hip-hop and blah, blah, blah - he just seemed like he was salty about his latest album not selling as well as the previous ones, and was taking it out on Westwood.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was sometime around 1996 iirc. Yeah, KRS was being a knob.