Man cave refurb ideas

Deft

Looks dope. Feeling that background slate blue, as well as the overall clean layout. Seems like a chill spot to create. The " crazy geometric wallpaper" would likely make it 'busy' and a little chaotic, so prolly best you didn't apply it to the walls.

55 minutes ago, mfsop said:

Neat! I wonder about the height of the DJ gear, though - isn't it very low? My back would hurt after one hour.

And I'm glad you went for dingy nightclub with the wall color, the casting couch and all that.

One of the many benefits of being a midget. I'm a mere 166cm tall so it's about right for me!

Also, for fact fans. Height to top of Kallax storage is 77cm, which means top of Rane One platters is about 87cm.

2 hours ago, TBearOne8III said:

wow.... you re-located the radiator.  That alone is impressive to me. Im sure that was not an easy task.

We have had a load of work done through the rest of the house, including taking walls out, putting in steel beams, new flooring, relocation of various radiators and plumbing, new electrics etc. So this one radiator wasn't such a big deal. Still had to dig out channels in the concrete floor to re-route the pipe work. So at least it wasn't me doing all the hard work. Having said that our plumbers were a bit crap, so maybe I should have tried to do it myself!

Looks dope!!!

3 hours ago, Deft said:

Having said that our plumbers were a bit crap, so maybe I should have tried to do it myself!

Speaking of which...how's your new toilette-bidet-combo?

51 minutes ago, arkei said:

Looks dope!!!

Speaking of which...how's your new toilette-bidet-combo?

I don't throw around the term game changer too much, but I'd feel sad using a normal toilet now. Will definitely get another one when re-do our actual bathrooms.

Our cloakroom looks a bit more pimpin' than the DJ room.

IMG-20210213-WA0001 - Copy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mrblast said:

Cant believe the giant toblerone steez is still going after all these years 😆

As I was tidying the room out I proposed it was time to ditch the Toblerone memento. My wife vetoed me, essentially as I have no other aspects to my personality than chocolate. My kids had been oblivious to it, but had their first Toblerone this Christmas. My 4 year old saw the massive box and said "Can I eat one?". My heart swelled with pride, but I said she'd need to wait until she's 16. So it's now a family heirloom and rite of passage.