Adding and mapping a generic controller to Serato Dj Pro?

Deft

Right I finally decided to re-live my youth and do some actual mixing on Serato. It was quite fun and with 2 decimal places BPM readout plus nice digital files, beat-matching is a doddle. I'm using my Rane Twelve to mostly just cue up, it doesn't really do much else.

When I'm mixing I like using the Serato software pitch bend buttons, as the Rane Twelve doesn't have these on it and I prefer this to manually nudging the spinning platter. Also, ctrl-clicking the +/- pitch bend lets me dial in fixed tiny BPM adjustments (yeah I know I could press sync but I'm old fashioned).

So, I want to avoid mouse/keyboard clicking - but I only really need those pitch bend buttons and a way to ctrl-click and do the fixed permanent tiny BPM adjustments.

What's the easiest, fool-proof way to get a little controller and map these functions to a set of buttons? I tried nosing around the Serato forums but got bored of reading idiotic comments on various things.

It looks like I should be able to map these keyboard things through some kind of add-on controller, with a bit of faffing (i.e. the ctrl-click might be odd for MIDI but could do this through some kind of software bit in the middle as keyboard).

What's the best min 8 button controller thing? Any recommendations? Be good if I could squeeze it near my mixer / Rane Twelve unobtrusively.

sorry to interrupt your chat with yourself.

what mixer are you using with them?

have you pressure purchased a Gold RANE DMC mixer off a down on their luck former champion?

If I spent enough time actually figuring out my s9 and knowing what i could actually do, i'd throw my dicers back on for some extra buttonage.

but yeah one of the nanos, or some other slim one is probably the best option

actually is there not a way to just click the Midi button and assign the plus and minus buttons here. (bottom left)

gMupVYu.png

this is without mixer or controller added, as i'm away from my equipment.

Fair play to Serato support, replied within 30 mins of me submitting a ticket saying it was a known issue with latest version of Serato DJ Pro, and to use v 2.2.0 instead of v 2.2.2...........and, it works. Apparently once you have mapped it and saved the mappings they will work fine in the latest version - some bug with the learn feature I guess.

nanoPAD2 seems alright but these big squidgy pads are a bit weird as pitch bend buttons!

Mapping is super easy, and it will map ctrl-click combinations no problem too (this is covered quite well in the manual, should have read it really).

• Like 2