Glitching Fader on NI Z2

x2k

NEWS FLASH: Tom posts an actual DJ question!

Last week I've set up a Z2 which has been boxed for over a year, and now the crossfader is being a dick. It's mostly working except, for when I slide it right over to the righthand side, at which point is cuts back to full left (see video).

Things I've tried:

- Recalibrating in Z2 settings on Traktor

- Recalibrating on the fader (with the little button on the bottom of the PCB)

- Opening it up and giving it a clean (as described here https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/z2-crossfader-problem-fix-so-happy-like-new-wih-photos-and-step-by-step.270961/)

Does anyone have any experience of this issue and have any idea on how I can fix it?

not pointing the obvious. im assuming you tried this already, but you could have missed it. have you turned off the mixer and closed out traktor and then restarted everything? sometimes my crossfader will be on hamster when i first turn it on even though i DO NOT have it switched to hamster. i'll turn it off and close out traktor then restart both and its fine. other than that, i havent seen this issue.

Will it play the other channel, or just the left one? My right channel stopped working on my Z2 recently, but I've attributed it to perhaps the janky job I did of installing an Inno Pro 2. Not sure the software was behaving like yours though, so I'll need to check next time I'm boot it up...which may be a while 'cause I seldom do. I mainly just cut straight analog.

Thanks for you suggestions. I ended up dismantling it again and having another go at cleaning it. It seems to be working now, I just hope it lasts.

@JHouse both channels worked, it just jump to full left when the fader was full right.

• Like 1