Q: Home Studio EQ

Im in the process of creating a beat lab as Ive hinted at in other threads. What Im wondering is is there a hardware EQ or maybe line mixer with EQ mixer yall use to get everything leveled out. My limited audio background is rooted in car audio and so with that I play a tone and then balance my EQ off that. If Im setting up a studio it there a hardware band EQ anyone would suggest to run my monitor signal through to balance my audio so that its accurate? IDK if that makes sense. Basically looking for a way to zero out my monitors so what I get is accurate sound.

You cant balance audio like that, its a myth, it sets up a single point in space, which you will never find again, there are some software solutions like ARC that work better, but still not as good as treatment.

Go with bass traps in the corners, then make some beats, see how well they are transferring (Once you are used to the room) in general bass traps will get you a vast way in to a nice sounding room.

• Like 1

Seems surprising that there isn't a rackmount multiband EQ. But I guess with car audio the cabin is such a poor "room" for acoustics that its more necessary to compensate for all the angles and plastic.