They Live Sample Challenge - VOTE!

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Psyche
    • Rock Well
    • Phonetic
    • Broma

Psych - Damn, that's some dark shit. From that ice-man guy, right? Really enjoyed it even tho it was pretty grim.

Rock - Mannnn, right on point for me. Super fresh. Would expect nothing less.

Phon - Very fresh. It's so chill and atmospheric.. Super boom bap. Move over Pete Rock, there's a new champ in town!

Broma - Very dope basslines. The drums are on point too.

Good work all around. Loved them all. Very hard to pick.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

all dope, Rocky's made me wanna scratch to it the most, which is what i went with to tie break haha.

Broma's was great, the trademark sidechained sound felt a tiny bit too in-your-face to me this time, but that's me splitting hairs to try and offer constructive criticism.

Phonetic's was also dope, I guess the 80's smooth keys were just too cheesy for me in the end though :)

Psych came with another banger, very scratchable also, but it could have donw with some more variation i think.

again, just me digging for criticism there though, all very dope.

Broma's was great, the trademark sidechained sound felt a tiny bit too in-your-face to me this time, but that's me splitting hairs to try and offer constructive criticism.

Fuck you Sy.

JOOOOOOOKES. I agree :d It's a bit all over the place! Good to get the feedback man, appreciate it. All learnings!

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Psych - Damn, that's some dark shit. From that ice-man guy, right? Really enjoyed it even tho it was pretty grim.

Thanks mate and bonus points to you Sir Diggla you are correct. I sampled an interview with Richard Kuklinski aka The Iceman... The dark shit doesnt stop there tho :d

https://soundcloud.com/psychedelic_schizophrenic/btk-stbb-635

https://soundcloud.com/psychedelic_schizophrenic/blown-their-brains-out-stbb-monthly-03

Psych came with another banger, very scratchable also, but it could have donw with some more variation i think.

Cheers man, yeah it needed more switch ups and that..... maybe one I will go back and rework it into something

Really dope work by all but Rockwell got my neck snapping hard, so he got my vote

Guest Symatic

Fuck you Sy.

JOOOOOOOKES. I agree :d It's a bit all over the place! Good to get the feedback man, appreciate it. All learnings!

haha, i only mention it cos i've recently been messing with "how much is too much?" experiments with compression

• Like 1

Man, I compress everything way too much I think. I have like a multiband comp, a mastering comp and limiter AND run whole tracks through the 404sx compressor. Sometimes it sounds great, sometimes it really doesn't at all!

These are all dope but Rock Well got my vote in the end.

Good job Matt,I really liked the arrangements and the samples you've put together for this one..

Great stuff all round chaps!..:)