midi signal switcher?

chile

So I'm looking for a switch to flip between two different midi configurations. For example if I have device A usually hooked up to device b, but sometimes I might want to flip a switch to use device A with device C.. Would look like the diagram below..

MIDI IN A MIDI OUT A

\ /

\ /

X SWITCH (state 0 A to B )- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - X SWITCH (state 1 A to C)

/ \ / \

/ \ / \

MIDI IN B MIDI OUT B MIDI IN C MIDI OUT C

Does anyone know if these things already exist? I'm pretty sure they would as its quite a simple thing. I tried searching for midi signal switcher to no avail..

Cheers doods, if what im thinking about doesn't work i'll have a look in the forum. After cutting into a midi cable to see the wires and thinking about it a bit, I'm gonna go to electronics shop tomoz and try find some simple switches to do it all manually. Been enjoying a massive DIY bender recently; I built a large portable case with wheels and a detachable door to house all my machines inside, hopefully will be useful when i finally start gigging

• Like 1

A MIDI patch bay is what youre after. unfortunately there arent that many of them. Maudio used to have one back in the day, but Ive only seen one in the wild once.

There are some usb MIDI interfaces that have a degree of routing. Be aware though there a cheap one doing the rounds on amazon with various branding alteratives that does not work. I bought one despite bad reviews only to lean the bad reviews were true (got my money back though).

off the top of my head, i dont remember how many pins are in a midi cable. but, you can order some xpole xthrow switches or a rotary switch from mouser or digi key. another idea is to use relay switches. you would need to power them though.