The Fall of 76

Steve

While I doubt that the Fall of 76 is worse than Summer of 69, I can only imagine that this game sucks!

Fallout 1 and 2 were great (a bit buggy and unfair at times but a nice world and story), Fallout 3 was so-so but mostly alright, New Vegas brought some funny twists to the series but it seemed pretty rushed and more buggy than Fallout 3. Now, don't get me started on Fallout 4! What I liked about the original games was the feeling of being a nobody with a mission (like in Gothic), so you had to trick people, run away from strong enemies and sometimes make hard decisions. All of this was gone with Fallout 4. I rarely knew the names of NPCs because there were so many and all quests were interchangeable (Kill Raiders, bring me technical component #2671, ...), so the game was just running towards a marker on the mini map and not caring at all.

• Like 2

i wast expecting a 30 minute video. but this is awesome. i've seen the various rants and complaints about fallout 76. they've actually just stopped complaining about this game. this presentation amusingly shows just how rushed this release was. it was clearly not thought out at all.

• Like 1

fallout 1 and 2 were among the best games ive played.. After that the series just turned into a shooting game IMO, which is ok but its not really what fallout was about. I didn't finish Falllout 4 and I'm glad I didn't buy 76 as it looks horrendous and the company seem shady as fuck.

Absolutely, they are just revamping the old Fallouts and at times there are even comments within the game about how it's the same plot as in the previous games. Kind of like in Star Wars Episode 7 where they discuss how to attack the Death Star 3.0 and the pilots are not even concerned because taking down a Death Star has become more of a recurring nuisance than a real challenge.

It's too bad because they could they could tell so many new stories in both universes..

• 5 months later...

So, since posting this they have fixed some of the issues with this game, although it is still plagued by problems, but in what has to be one of the biggest piss-takes of all time, they have announced a subscription service for the game that costs £11.99 per month or £100 for a 12 month sub, which adds some of the feature players have been asking for since the game came out.

The response has not been great: -

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1187036397263347713