World War Z (Xbox One, PS4, Windows)

Steve

im really not into zombies but this shit looks insane. im assuming its online battle royale style but versus zombies. its only really interesting to me if they let you do couch co-op as well. i miss playing with whoever is sitting right next to me. couch co-op games are hard to find these days.

i dont knock people who play online. i get it. theres just nothing that beats talking shit with the person sitting right next to you. just two weeks ago, i got my ass kicked by my son in super smash bros. he still wont let me live that down. wicked little 9 year old. gonna have to get a rematch.

• Like 1

I bought it and played it a bit last night. I only played through one of the scenarios, but I thought it was decent enough.

If you liked the Left 4 Dead games, you'd almost certainly like this. It has a very similar feel to it. There's plenty of different weapons, loads of zombies to shoot, a bunch of different character classes, plus there's extra weapons to unlock and they can be levelled up.

Matchmaking was fast and I didn't have any connection issues or lag.

The game lacks a bit of polish I would say. It's a shame there's no 60 FPS option on the Xbox One X too, cos I swapped from playing Overwatch, which runs at 60 FPS, into playing this, which runs at 30 FPS, and I could notice the difference immediately. It's not a deal-breaker though.

The other thing is the lack of content. There's only 4 locations at the moment and the missions are not exactly long. I didn't try the versus multiplayer, but really, this is a game you buy to shoot giant hordes of zombies, not to shoot at each other. The developers are going to be adding content to the game as time goes on though.

Here is the most critical review I've seen, where it gets 4/10: -

http://www.gamersheroes.com/honest-game-reviews/world-war-z-review-world-war-zzzzz/

I think that review is overly harsh, but yeah - this isn't a super-polished AAA game that's packed full of content, but then it's not a full priced title either.

• 5 months later...