Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Mini releasing later this year

Steve

Another one of these mini remakes. It comes with 2 pads and 40 built-in games. It's out on September 19th and it'll be £69.99 in the UK, although you can pre-order one for £64.99 here: -

https://www.thegamecollection.net/sega-megadrive-mini/

Here's the games they've confirmed so far: -

Ecco The Dolphin

Castlevania: The New Generation

Space Harrier II

Shining Force

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Toe Jam & Earl

Comix Zone

Sonic The Hedgehog

Altered Beast

Gunstar Heroes

Official website: -

http://megadrivemini.sega.com/

Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine!

Top game..I used to play that one for hours with my kids when they were little.

I'd get em' one of these mini thingies but I know they'd just be bored with it after a few days so pretty pointless I suppose.

I can't keep up with my kids modern gaming habits no matter how much I try..I was having a go on Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 with them the other day and it fucked my head up cause it was so damn fast!..needless to say I got my arse proper spanked in every match I played against them both haha.

I think I'm over the mini console craze. I'd much rather a perfect emulator was available on modern consoles and you could add games for £1 or £2 a pop. I have some mega drive collection on PS4 I think, maybe it was PS3. The novelty of that wore off pretty quickly. I quite fancy playing Shining Force or something like that again, they seem to age OK.

Shit I'm such a nostalgia cunt I just bought the Mega Drive collection on my Switch. Noticeable delay on button presses on Sonic, presumably because of some emulation issues. Doesn't seem to affect the other games I tried, weirdly.

Why don't you buy the real deal!? I love my old systems... the only thing I dont' have that I really want is a Sega CD. Well and a Saturn.

Why don't you buy the real deal!? I love my old systems... the only thing I dont' have that I really want is a Sega CD. Well and a Saturn.

I have a sega cd - had streets of rage , golden axe, shinobi and columns on one disc if I recall correctly

This megadrive classic seems weird, as you guys have said, they have been releasing megadrive collections for years on the last couple of generations of consoles

I'm tempted to build a little RetroPie machine for this stuff, but at the same time, I know I wouldn't end up using it much. Rose-tinted spectacles and all that. It's hard to go from playing Overwatch to playing Altered Beast. :d

Lol, yeah heard that. The retro games I play are often strategy. My buddy did the retro pie thing. Why not just use your CycloDS or hack an OG xbox.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...