Old/Noob set-up advice needed

what kind of speakers are you using?? if your using regular computer speakers, then you should be able to just run the speakers to your headphone jack on the laptop. just change the output settings to the default soundcard. i have a traktor z2. since the z2 is connected to my amp and my laptop, i just changed the settings to use the z2 as my soundcard. so everything that comes thru the laptop plays on my stereo speakers. now, if your using powered monitors you might want to get an audio interface. you can get a beringer on the cheap for like $40 on amazon.

Maschine has a low latency ASIO driver, you really want to be using that and Maschines built in audio instead of your laptops audio interface.

Just go to you audio settings in control panel on windows, set Maschine as the default output for audio too, that will be your youtube and all that garbage.

Serato no, its not gonna happen, serato will only use a serato compatible interface, but you can run two interfaces at the same time, one for serato (elite) one for Acid/Maschine (Maschine) just run an audio out cable from the elite to the line in of Maschine.

You are gonna need a fast laptop though to run multiple prograns like that.

Thanks mans.

I messed around a bit more last night and actually set the ASIO soundcard in the maschine as the default soundcard, and have the speakers coming directly our of the maschine. This means everything from the laptop and maschine now plays out of the speakers. One thing that was surprising was that the latency was actually lower with the laptop's soundcard than the ASIO.....

Right now I've got the Harmon Soundsticks set up as speakers but will replace them shortly with some monitors I've ordered.

So, to record cuts from Serato into a channel in the DAW, over a beat playing in the DAW, I have to go through the Maschine line in? I can't connect the Elite directly to a secondary USB on the laptop and record cuts in the DAW that way?

When I did this 20 years ago, i just plugged my shitty two channel gemini mixer into the mic socket and recorded straight into ACID :((

Thanks again

The elite should have a built in sound card. You should be able set one of the recording channels of your daw to use the main output of the elite mixer. Or you could just record the cuts in serato and import the wav file into your daw. Im using pro tools first. I can switch the inputs in pro tools to see the laptop soundcard or the outs on my z2.

The elite should have a built in sound card. You should be able set one of the recording channels of your daw to use the main output of the elite mixer. Or you could just record the cuts in serato and import the wav file into your daw. Im using pro tools first. I can switch the inputs in pro tools to see the laptop soundcard or the outs on my z2.

Ok so if I do that, I should connect the Elite directly to the laptop through the second USB port rather than through the Maschine as suggested by Flexinoodle above?

Or using your other suggestion, if I record the cuts in Serato (again connecting the Elite through the laptop's second USB), can I have the beat playing in the DAW at the same time?

Thanks

yes. if you keep machine as the dedicated path for all output sound, then it shouldnt go into the elite mixer. so on the recording track of the daw, set that tracks input to see the elite mixer. then it will only record the sounds from the elite and you can still hear everything thru the speakers thats connected to machine.

So you are going to run Maschine standalone software, then sync it with a DAW (Acid ? ) and set up the DAW touse the elite audio interface, and Run Serato too using the elite too.

1 I would be surprised if the Elite has multi client audio, because ASIO doesn't support that.

2 you are going to need some heavy duty laptop to run all that in sync.