Prodigy singer Keith Flint dies aged 49

savwar

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/04/prodigy-singer-keith-flint-dies-aged-49

Keith Flint, vocalist with the The Prodigy, has died at the age of 49, it has been reported.

The singer was found dead at his home in Essex on Monday.

An Essex police spokesman confirmed that a 49-year-old man had died. “We were called to concerns for the welfare of a man at an address in Brook Hill, North End, just after 8.10am on Monday,” he said.

“We attended and, sadly, a 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”

Anyone have a link for the Prodigy's 1997 Essential Mix? Feel like reminiscing. Saw them once in Tokyo circa 1997/8 and it was great. Took some bunk acid. Never kicked in. But that was probably a good thing.

• Like 1

RIP.

Never really liked The Prodigy music wise but i was pretty shocked to hear this news,by all accounts he was a very kind and decent fella and the polar opposite of his stage persona from the stories I've heard.

Depression is a total bitch no matter how much money or material possessions you may have and 49 is way too young..a real shame.

Off me fav The Prodigy album. Hard to pick a fav track off it.

^^That a good one. Good album too.

This is one of my favs... still gets rotation.

From stories in the media, it seems he was in the process of splitting up with his wife and their house had just been put on the market a day or two earlier.

He once credited her as saving him from issues with depression and addiction when it comes to drink/drugs.

Such a terrible shame.