I told D-Styles about Digital Vertigo...

djmikec

I had him as a guest interview on my new radio show CUTITUP, and I told him about that one thread on here where you guys list all the samples you've identified from Phantazmagorea, haha. We also talked about his recording process, guest DJs featured on his upcoming album, a trick that Q-Bert shared with him for recovering from scratch fuckups on stage, and a bunch of other stuff.

The episode with his interview aired on Dash Radio earlier tonight, and is now archived in two parts on Mixcloud. You can listen to it here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/CUTITUP/

Enjoy!

• Like 13

Dope!!!! Mike thanks for asking these questions! Finally somebody asking some really in-depth questions. I can relate to this shit so much. I could listen to 10 hours of this, hahaha.

Blows my mind that he did Phantaz drums live. I always thought he was looping cause it's so tight. I should quit now because I'll never get there. I've tried, I've failed. LOL.

Yeah man, I'm so hyped to hear this new album now! Had no clue he was even recording until some stuff on Instagram the other week. Still bump Phantaz all the time and keep learning every time I hear it. I was listening to it last weekend and started bugging out on the fact that its mixed and mastered so nice. The drums hit hard, everything is audible, clean. Dave is a god damn genius!

• Like 1

The precision of his druming lies in the accentuated mustache he sports...

Thanx Mike for doing this interview...oh and I still listen to Phantaz from time to time too