Rumoured E-MU SP-1200 Clone From Behringer?

danswift

Rossum has no interest in remaking it, its a loveless task, you can do it and charge £1.5k and sell virtually non at all for very minimal profit, not something any small to medium developer would undertake.

So you can bet that whoever these guys posting terrible videos are, they are desperate to charge way way more and shitting bricks because Low Hiss version already sounds better, is much further along and will be open source, so has the chance of becoming a cottage industry ala the PT01.

Yeah,I've been following what Low Hiss has posted on a couple of other forums recently,heres links to his Instagram videos if peeps want to check em' out.

Sequencer

Sound Emulation

Bit Depth

Multipitch

Will any SP clone sound like the original? Not in a million years. There was a very clear reason why EMU stopped the production of the original: they run out of the filter chips and there is absolutely no way to find/remake those. And these filter chips are absolutely necessary for it's sound color. So, no more SP1200. This has been resurfacing every 10 years or so, until everyone realizes (again) that it's not possible to build it.

However, if we are to talk about clones actually being built, I would put my money to LowHiss. He's at least not trying to make an exact clone, as he seems to grasp the limitations of the current chipsets available.

• Like 1

This one is being made by ISLA Instruments, whoever they might be (absolute nobodies in Kebzers house, of course :d )

https://www.islainstruments.com/

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43378

According to the RA article - not a clone and hopefully under $1000 (which will sadly be around £5000GBP by the time it comes out and Brexit has done it's work)

This one is being made by ISLA Instruments, whoever they might be (absolute nobodies in Kebzers house, of course :d )

According to the RA article - not a clone and hopefully under $1000 (which will sadly be around £5000GBP by the time it comes out and Brexit has done it's work)

I doubt that, Isla are British, Brexit should not affect it at all, that being said, I doubt very much it will even make it to market, and if it does it will be a clusterfuck of fuck, much like their Chordbot, and the geezer running the company is a tossbag too.

Do enlighten me please about ISLA's achievements. Take your time, I'll be waiting besides my SP1200.

Do enlighten me please about ISLA's achievements. Take your time, I'll be waiting besides my SP1200.

I appreciate English isn't your first language and as I speak no other languages at all, I'm really in no place to criticize, but you misunderstand my comment...

The "whoever they might be" is me alluding to the fact that I've never heard of them either. And the "absolute nobodies in Kebzers house, of course" alludes to the fact all owners of E-MU SP-1200s are pretty vocal about how the originals can never be replicated, how this (and any other attempts like it) will all be trash and the negative comments are then rounded out by reminder that they do own an original. I really wasn't taking aim at you specifically in any other capacity than you're the only person on DV I know has one.

• Like 1

I appreciate English isn't your first language and as I speak no other languages at all, I'm really in no place to criticize, but you misunderstand my comment...

The "whoever they might be" is me alluding to the fact that I've never heard of them either. And the "absolute nobodies in Kebzers house, of course" alludes to the fact all owners of E-MU SP-1200s are pretty vocal about how the originals can never be replicated, how this (and any other attempts like it) will all be trash and the negative comments are then rounded out by reminder that they do own an original. I really wasn't taking aim at you specifically in any other capacity than you're the only person on DV I know has one.

Even though I feel pretty confident with my English, I admit that I didn't exactly comprehended your comment like the above. So, my bad.

Owners of SPs are being vocal not because they take pride of their possessions, but honestly, because that bastard cannot be replicated. Even in comparison with an SP12 or EMAX, that thing sounds miles ahead. And I can confirm that even the mk1 vs the mk2 sounds better.

I have no idea how EMU managed to built that thing, but it seems that they "accidentally" created a masterpiece, which however cannot be replicated.

Due to the fact that it is, rightfully, so much sought after, there have been quite some cases in the past with vaporware companies claiming SP clones. Non of them ever built anything. The same happens now, and even worse, they try to cash in based on the urban legend of the SP2400. These dudes are trying to act smart and they need a good ass whooping, just for the 2400 reference.

• Like 1