need a good multi track wave editor

so, im trying to edit this mix. i usually use cool edit pro for multi tracks. but that shit is on my old laptop that runs vista and its not supported on win 10. i'm currently fighting with audacity. shit is not user friendly. i started using mixpad and wavepad. they suck as well and its only a free trial. of course i'm trying to find something thats free. anybody use pro tools first?? i know its free, but i dont want to wast hard drive space for some shit thats frustrating to use.

so, im trying to edit this mix. i usually use cool edit pro for multi tracks. but that shit is on my old laptop that runs vista and its not supported on win 10. i'm currently fighting with audacity. shit is not user friendly. i started using mixpad and wavepad. they suck as well and its only a free trial. of course i'm trying to find something thats free. anybody use pro tools first?? i know its free, but i dont want to wast hard drive space for some shit thats frustrating to use.

Just use adobe audition

i heard that adobe audition is just cool edit pro. but im not feeling paying $20 a month just to use it. im not going to use it everyday. i just installed pro tools first. its free, may be overkill, but i think i figured out how to make it do what i need it to do.

Get hold of Adobe Audition 1.5. It works fine on Windows 10 and is very easy to use if you're used to using Cool Edit Pro. It's what I used to make all of the multi-tracked mixes that I've put out.

This is probably what I'm going to do when my ancient laptop dies and I can't cool edit anymore. I've gotten so used to cool edit that I don't want to learn a new program.

• Like 1

Get hold of Adobe Audition 1.5. It works fine on Windows 10 and is very easy to use if you're used to using Cool Edit Pro. It's what I used to make all of the multi-tracked mixes that I've put out.

This is probably what I'm going to do when my ancient laptop dies and I can't cool edit anymore. I've gotten so used to cool edit that I don't want to learn a new program.

I got frustrated editing the last mix and just transfered all my waves to the old laptop. Had to suffer slow processing speeds, but it got her done.

But i did install pro tools first. Played around with it. It looks overwhelming, but its actually pretty simple to use. Plus theres tons on tutorials on youtube. They give you alot for free.

Oh, and I thought you were talking about LSD, my bad.

Little late, but maybe consider Ableton. Pricing is pretty good for their Lite version: $99. Doesn't include audio-slicing though with that version, so don't know if chopping is permissible. Seems like it would be. Then you could use controllers to launch individual tracks/clips on the fly, for instance using Push or APC. I had an APC40 and did just this, which it worked out wonderfully. Ableton is pretty intuitive, yet powerful and stable. Numerous heads use it too, which is great for collaborating.

• Like 1