Terrible Cover Versions Of Popular Songs

danswift

Check these videos out for some craptastic interpretations of the original tracks.

Rudy Grant.

Graham Parker & The Rumour.

Hehe-I think Graham Parker is actually dying while singing this...

Ok,brace yourselves..this is by the Icelandic Punk Rock group Fraebbblarnir-taken from the 'False Death' E.P.

I did have this on a white vinyl 45 in the early 80's and I have absolutely no idea what happened to it-although that isn't necessarily a bad thing ..

Anyway this is supposed to be 'Summer Nights' from the 'Grease' movie.

Some people may think it's an improvement on the original to be fair though,hahaha.

It's also Mr Bean on vocals I think.

If you have any,post them here!

I can't believe that people would actually pay money to watch this..dreadful doesn't even come close.

Bit of a contentious one as I know quite a few people who really like this version but I personally think it's atrocious..I do like some of The Slits other records though,their version of 'Man Next Door' is pretty dope but they properly butchered this Marvin Gaye track in my opinion.

Whaaat? That Slits tune is certified banger ^^^

Hehe..like I said,it's a contentious one!

It's a song that was hammered in clubs back in the day and its a strange one for me because I used to like it at one point but over the years it's become unlistenable for me personally.

It's the sound of her voice really,it just sounds so wrong..i find it totally grating and her style doesn't suit the song for me I'm afraid.
There's a load of Punk Rock records similar to this that I've stopped liking altogether, I used to think a lot of that stuff was magnificent but I just can't stand to listen to the majority of them anymore.
As I said previously,I do like some of The Slits other records though..just not this one!
  • Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

This is a triumph!

The Slits name oddly jogged a memory for me that there was a pub band i saw once called Toxic Minge.

• Like 1

^^^^^

My mate was working down south recently and went into a bar where this alternative Rock band called TrouserSnake were playing live.

Maybe those dudes should team up with Toxic Minge and do a double headline tour of the country..

In the meantime,here's another terrible cover version though.

• Like 1

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Ha! I totally forgot about that!! It reminds me of that twee fuck the police cover that whimsical lady did.

Can we just blanket say all youtoob Ukulele covers just to avoid any appearing here and destroying all our moral centres?

• Like 1

There's a load of Punk Rock records similar to this that I've stopped liking altogether, I used to think a lot of that stuff was magnificent but I just can't stand to listen to the majority of them anymore.

I think we need a danswift punk-that-I-used-to-like tip off thread

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

OK, so this is not a cover (let's pretend they are covering Yoko Ono or Björk) but it's absolutely terrible. I mean really terrible!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shaggs

Some quotes from Wikipedia:

• The band is primarily notable today for their perceived ineptitude at playing conventional rock music; the band was described in one Rolling Stone article as "sounding like lobotomized Trapp Family singers."[6] Terry Adams of NRBQ compared the group's melodic lines and structures to the free jazz compositions of Ornette Coleman.[7]
  • The conceptual beginning of The Shaggs came from Austin Wiggin's mother who, when her son was young, had predicted during a palmreading that he would marry a strawberry blonde woman, that he would have two sons after she had died, and that his daughters would form a popular music group. The first two predictions proved accurate, so Austin set about making the third come true as well.[8] Austin withdrew his daughters from school, bought them instruments, and arranged for them to receive music and vocal lessons. The Wiggin sisters themselves never planned to become a music group, but as Dot later said, "[Austin] was something of a disciplinarian. He was stubborn and he could be temperamental. He directed. We obeyed. Or did our best."
  • Hacked-at drumbeats, whacked-around chords, songs that seem to have little or no meter to them ... being played on out-of-tune, pawn-shop-quality guitars all converge, creating dissonance and beauty, chaos and tranquility, causing any listener coming to this music to rearrange any pre-existing notions about the relationships between talent, originality, and ability. There is no album you might own that sounds remotely like this one.
  • Kurt Cobain ranked Philosophy of the World No. 5 on his 50 best albums list.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now,I'm more than happily to confess that I'm not a fan of The Rolling Stones' music and I honestly detest everything they've ever recorded but even I have some erm..sympathy for them when it comes to this Sandie Shaw version of 'Sympathy For The Devil'.

It actually starts off quite promising..the fat piano sounds great but things quickly deteriorate from there as the drums inexplicably get faster and faster, the bass is all flabby and very possibly played by someone who possesses hooves instead of fingers while Sandie Shaws voice is tiny, screeching and utterly unconvincing and sounds like it was recorded late at night in an empty tunnel.

The guitar solos wouldnt be too bad, except theyre playing all over each other and one sounds more like someone noodling their favourite jazz licks than recording a bona-fide session.

A mess is putting it mildly...

And then we have this from Mrs Miller with a cover of those other seriously annoying 60s cunts The Beatles and their best ever track..

After careful scientific evaluation and a second excruciating listening experience I've come to the conclusion that Mrs Miller is in fact being waterboarded during this recording of Yellow Submarine ..