Unlocking Samsung phones

Guest petesasqwax

Guest petesasqwax

My wife launched her phone and smashed the living shit out of it so I gave her one that a mate gave me that I've been using as a media player. Alas, it's locked to Vodafone and, despite rooting it, installing a custom rom and custom kernel, I've no clue how to unlock the sucker. Anyone had any experience with this kind of thing?

I could be wrong but I think nowadays there is some kind of mega database between all the providers which means it's harder to just unlock things yourself. I could be talking bollocks (was meant to enable IMEI blocking etc. to reduce phone theft). There's probably a way around it.

Otherwise you just contact the originating company and they are meant to do it for free / quite cheap.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/mobile-phone-locking-and-unlocking

Guest petesasqwax

Yeah, that's the route I'm having to take at present, but I have to be a customer of theirs for a minimum of 30 days before I can do it. Once I've done that, they'll do it for free.

Guest petesasqwax

All the ones I've found promote using one paid service or another, none of which I'm familiar with and therefore none of which I can be completely happy about giving my money to

• Like 1