Jon1st & Shield - Flapjacks EP

Jon

Oh hai!

Shield and I have a new EP out next week. Here's the first single from it:

And preorder link: https://jon1standshield.bandcamp.com/album/flapjacks

It's been really fun to make and has involved a lot of recording live elements like drums, percussion, vocals, scratching then resampling them, processing them and turning them into subtle textures :)
  • Like 8

i love it, although i dont understand the concept of preordering on something i never heard, i guess it wont be dissapointing))

totally fair point!

imo I think the popularity of this style of release is to try to get a buzz going and give each song its own push. it's trickier than ever to get people to listen to things as there's so much noise online on social media etc. in addition with artists releasing physical products it can allow for time to produce orders and help smaller artists fund the production process

• Like 1

i love it, although i dont understand the concept of preordering on something i never heard, i guess it wont be dissapointing))

totally fair point!

imo I think the popularity of this style of release is to try to get a buzz going and give each song its own push. it's trickier than ever to get people to listen to things as there's so much noise online on social media etc. in addition with artists releasing physical products it can allow for time to produce orders and help smaller artists fund the production process

I totally do understand that, not meant to be cynical, basicaly when i like someone's stuff i'm checking out once in a while to see whats happening. Most of your mixes accompany me during travelling, topnotch!

• Like 2

totally fair point!

I totally do understand that, not meant to be cynical, basicaly when i like someone's stuff i'm checking out once in a while to see whats happening. Most of your mixes accompany me during travelling, topnotch!

gotcha :) thanks!