Spider Jazz Sample Challenge - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Moschops
    • Psyche
    • Flexi
    • Symatic

Moschops. Very chill and also pretty out there. I really like how it's all over the place but fits very well together. This is the type of thing I can't do at all. Very nice.

Psyche. Oooh love the organ grindy sound. Really peppy. Definitely a head-nedder and then some. Got me pretty hype. Then the sax kicked in which I really loved--great use. I feel like this shoulda been a 90s anthem.

Flexi. Dang man this is like insane. It's like fucking Fantastic Machine crossed with The Prodigy or something... Maybe a little Squarepusher thrown in for good measure. Man this is wild. I really love it. This is fucking mental.

Symatic. Great standup bass lead-in on this one. It gets pretty out there. I found myself really wanting it to pick up with a more driving beat. Very interesting.

For me it was very close call between Psyche and Flexi and I went with Flexi.
  • Like 2

All of these are dope,I really liked how everyone used the samples for this battle so top marks all round,fellas.

My vote goes to Flexi,that's some proper banging,absolute bossness business!

• Like 1

Guest Symatic

yeah nice stuff guys! we've all hit upon a lot of the same samples and used diffrent ideas with em which is cool.

psych's got my head nodding hardest, so my vote goes to him

dirk - nice one for the feedback, yeah i spent a while chopping up the bass on my phone and getting a few drum snippets, was gonna add another element like a nother beat section, but in the end i ended up throwing it all together in a one-er and leaving it as it was. out of tune guitar and all :)

moschops's was dope also, nice having the cinematic intro and outro.

flexi's was def the most complex, the chorus/lead section brought back some dark big beat era flashbacks, but the ravey 2nd half was sick

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Really dope work guys real tough one as I dig them all but I ended up voting for Flex on this round

• Like 2