phono/line switch

so, i'm still rockin my old stanton sk 2f mixer. I was trying to put together a new mix last night and my line switch is bleeding. so the tone from the time control vinyl is bleeding thru like a muthafuka. I want a new mixer, but I just cant afford one right now. you think I can blow it out with the air compressor? I found another switch on ebay but its $45. of course it used. so its a big possibility that switch is bleeding too.

im trying to avoid desoldering the switch from the board and taking it completely apart. If I do that then i'll just clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol. might have to retrofit it with a regular toggle switch. I dont even use that momentary bounce that was used for transform scratches.

Guest Symatic

you could try this: turn the mixer off, unplug it, pour a bit of isopropyl alchohol on the switch, wiggle it for a bit, let it dry for a while, then give it a go, probably with lots more wiggling.
if that doesnt work maybe take it apart.

if its bleeding, theres also a chance a cable's come out maybe....

• 2 weeks later...

That was a cheater switch, I tried to convince Stanton to not use it...If you didn't use it much and it's just dust, disconnect it and flowd it with air or cleaner...You can take it apart to clean manually but

make sure to pay attention, the springs and bearing inside can be tedious when taking it apart.....

If the switch is bleading with it's to one side or the other, you can add some tape on the edge to keep the switch from going past the bleed point...

Also play some music while the switch is disconnected and see what happens...Been awhile but I think you will still have sound coming through without

the switch...

If you don't get sound without the switch you can short the wires to route the audio signal from the phono or line, whicver is the one

you need working....

If you have regular line switches...from another mixer you will be able to retrofit it easily to, it's just simple On and Off switch...

im trying to avoid desoldering the switch from the board and taking it completely apart. If I do that then i'll just clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol. might have to retrofit it with a regular toggle switch. I dont even use that momentary bounce that was used for transform scratches.

i still havent got around to cleaning that switch out yet. last week I put a new mixer on credit. I still may retrofit that switch though. yo Focus, they need to give you more credit for that mixer. I think i bought that mixer back in 2002 for like $200. back then vestax 05 and 07's were going for like $400 or $500. That sk2f was a dope contender for the price. all these years and its still alive and kicking. thats good engineering sir!!