DJ Rock Well

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Rock Well
    • Flexinoodle
    • Psychedelic Schizophrenic
    • Broma/Looms
    • Phonetic

ooooooft, tough choice for me between Phonetic and Psych.... but i went with Phonetic. the vocals did it for me, great sample.

really wanted to get involved with this one but i've been mad busy and i fucked myself up in a bike accidnet the other day so i've not been doing much of anything musicy except a bit of painful skratching....

i'll settle for the dope download of the source material though :)

dope stuff guys!

• Like 1

I listened to Rock Well first and thought well this on gonna be easy. Winner. Then listened to Flexi and was like awwww fuk.... Ive only listened to two and already at a stale mate! Each one makes it harder to choose! All so good. Stellar work gentlemen. Gonna have to give them a number more listens before I can pick.

• Like 1

I like all of these beats and it's been hard narrowing them down and choosing a winner.

I also didn't listen to any of the source material either to be honest due to all the drama of late that's been happening.

In the end it came down to Broma and Phonetic for me with Broma just edging things for the vote.

Top stuff all round dudes,I would have happily given a vote to everyone's individual tracks in this battle if it was possible.

• Like 1

Rockwell: Any time you come with a hard drumline feel i'm gonna be all about it. I also like the nuanced changes. My only suggestion would be to add some tenor drums. I think that would have really set it off and pulled it all together.

Flexinoodle: The breakbeat synthy drippings of this beat is fantastic. Hits me with some nostalgia but it doesn't sound dated at all. Fucking love the vibe. Could honestly listen to a whole album of shit like this. The breakdown are perfect and well timed. All around great.

Psyche: What a classic headnodder mang. Just could vibe out in a hoopty with the windows rolled up and a blunt listening to this baby. Good change ups. I actually loved that little switch up... the normal du-du-da-duu is cool but the flip is even better. Also like the echo ish breakdown and final flip. It's really great. One of those tune that's better the more you listen to it.

Broma: TBH, I prejudged with the intro. Then it kinda dropped and I was like, oh this is cool. But really that was just a warm up still for the real beat. Ho-lee-fuk. This shit gets me CRANKED! It's like got some beautiful RJD2 and Prefuse influences but the vibe is so much more forward. That de-de-de-lem with the vocals is fucking amazing fresh.

Phonetic: Dang man.... this is such a sick vibe. It just drips with boom-bap soul. This is another one where I could just get blunted to. it's beautiful.

Really tough all around. Not a bad one in the bunch. For me though it was Broma followed by Phonetic. Thanks for putting in the time guys. Really nice work!

• Like 4

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Im pontificating

Is that a euphemism :((

Schizo for me

Thanks for the vote Flex

Psyche: What a classic headnodder mang. Just could vibe out in a hoopty with the windows rolled up and a blunt listening to this baby. Good change ups. I actually loved that little switch up... the normal du-du-da-duu is cool but the flip is even better. Also like the echo ish breakdown and final flip. It's really great. One of those tune that's better the more you listen to it.

Thanks for the feedback Dirk, appreciate it mate :8

Going to give everyone tracks another listen as I'm undecided still -_-

• Like 1

Went with Rock Well in the end for such a curveball of a tune and a really dope sounding mix. Phonetic's has been stuck in my head though, it was a tough call.

Thanks for the votes on mine :)

So when's the bandcamp comp coming together then crew?

• Like 3

Damn everyone brought something dope to the sample challenge this month, it was a tough job picking one to vote for as I liked them all. I went for the king of all things "future retro desert folk" Rockwell in the end just purely for the different vibe to the rest of the entries. Well done to everyone on this round :8

So when's the bandcamp comp coming together then crew?

No one wants to hear my cack not even on a free comp :((

Oh look, last again lol

That track of yours is still dope though..

I agree with dan on that, your track was dope Flex :8 Also there isn't a last place on these battles whether you finish it all for good fun. I think everyone has that perception of their own work isn't any good, even I think my stuff isn't good enough to hang with you guys. Just use that as motivation to improve on what your already doing Flex, you got skills on the sample flips :8

• Like 2