Stanton Skratchmaster V3/680 V3 Cartridges

Max

The pair of tables I just bought came with a barely used pair of Stanton 680 V3's on head shells and separately a NIB (mini flight case looking thing) pair of Stanton Skratchmaster V3's on head shells. I never really used Stanton carts back when. Should I keep both pairs? Open up the Skratchmasters and use them? Sell/Trade the Skratchmasters towards some 44-7's?

I have a singe ortofon elektro (headahell mountable) that I could sell you if interested. Probably not what you are looking for but figure Id mention it.

No, you're spot on mate. They are only making new MkII carts and currently continuing to supply Mk1 styli.

However, I'd be surprised if they keep Mk1 styli in production for that long, or even after existing stocks dwindle? Asides from my general sceptical outlook on life, we've been supplying regular hifi carts and styli at work since '91 and in that world at least, Ortfon famously keep old styli in production for a much shorter time period than any other manufacturer. They tend to update models and overall design more regularly than many too I'm afraid.

The new ones are a different shape. Seems to me like its based off the S-120 design which isnt compatible with the other old ones and their first fully floating elliptical suspension. IDK if the new styli fit the 120 but thinking it might. But still, those fuckheads better not discontinue the old styli!