What's Your Favourite Stevie Wonder Track(s) ?

danswift

I've come to realize that I don't like Stevie as much as I like the idea of a musically gifted blind man theoretically. I realized this a year ago when Stevie was playing a concert after the F1 race in town and my buddy and I skipped it to go eat BBQ instead.

This is probably the only song I care for.

I like The Secret Life of Plants too but more as a full album.

I am PhilFromThursdays and i've never listened to a Stevie Wonder album, where should i start?

Here...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-UWPlRIl68oKk4IDpl9jF-Q4z_78OAWW

Then work your way through Talking Book,Innervisions & Songs In The Key Of Life etcetera, those albums are rammed with good stuff,Phil.

https://youtu.be/rxlSh2Nvqj4

I would recommend picking from any of the albums he released from 1972 to 1980: -

• Talking Book
  • Innvervisions
  • Fulfillingness' First Finale
  • Songs In The Key Of Life
  • Hotter Than July

Good call Steve.

Fulfillingness' First Finale is a firm favourite of mine...a massively underrated lp in my opinion.

Music Of My Mind is another dope record too.

From 'Innervisions'

Totally agree on Shoo-be-doo-be and the For Once in My Life album in general Dan, classic stuff.

I might be totally wrong, but a singer/musician once told me that quite a few Stevie are hard to sing (even though he always made it sounds easy). He used Shoo-be-doo-be as an example.

Phil - might be a roundabout way in, but if you can find the Classic Albums episode on Songs In the Key of Life thats worth checking. Weirdly, sometimes a doc about certain music or an artists has done that for me.

• Like 1

Totally agree on Shoo-be-doo-be

Did you ever hear that fucking abomination of a record by Scanty Sandwich that samples that Stevie song ?

Lolofuckinglol ..I later found out that Norman cunting Cook was behind it..

What a bastard..its no wonder(can you see what I did there?)Zoe asked for a divorce..

I've always been a big fan of the Secret Life of Plants album. One of my favorites from the more obvious choices would be My Cherie Amour ... something about that intro. Songs in the Key of Life is obviously brilliant. I have a grip of Stevie records. I picked most of them up in my early digging days because they were relatively cheap and easy to find.

• Like 1