Dj Flare's unattainable speed

Karol

What's up?

does anybody know how dj flare was doing such crazy fast stabs and transforms? Basically, all of the scratches are done at an extreme high speed. I can't get it. No human can attain such speed.
Are the scratches accelerated artificially? on "The magnifying glass" he does the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFOzNOPnUiU

Edited by Karol
  • Like 1

Flare is dope...always liked his fast, razor sharp cutting.

Interestingly,The Ruck once had the nerve to accuse Deeswift of speeding up his cuts hahaha...totally laughable.

That Rucker fella was a cheeky bastard,wonder whatever happened to him ?...DtcZ0oj.gif

• Like 4

You've also got to take into account that a lot of West Coast DJs came up cutting to electro right from the start. If from day one scratching and everything you learnt within it has been to 120-130 bpm electro beats, you're honing your skills in that direction. The speed, the flow, all of it.

• Like 5

Both flare and yuichi (and q, d-styles) have strong hand on record which definitely aids speed, so don't be hard on yourself if you feel you're practising like mad and not getting those speeds. I have much more consistent speeds /cleaner cuts doing stabs with my weak hand (strong hand on record) that I never practise with

• Like 2

most of the best guys known for stabs are djs that have been cutting for over 25 years.

Not only that but they were using clunky mixers with horrible crossfaders; the kind that had a much longer cut-in time than faders today and got dusty/noisy and used to bleed in the off position, etc. Nasty business.

See if you can find a 90's DMC mixer and practise on that ;)

• Like 2

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

^^^^^^^And line chirps. And transforms.

And ups, practice on the stabs on the ups, too.