7PS Portable Scratcher focus group this weekend

Gizmo

I've got the next big thing in portablism coming to the Worxlab this weekend, and need a few people to form a focus group. It's short notice, but if anyone has a few hours on Saturday afternoon, your input will be most welcome. And I have the Rane stuff set up for a dabble too. Drop me a line at 7ps@djworx.com for more details.

post-30-0-79932700-1528204318_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Symatic

would have loved to see how this project is coming along but unfortunately i can't make it. hope you give it a good fondling though!

would have loved to see how this project is coming along but unfortunately i can't make it. hope you give it a good fondling though!

I'll make sure that you get a special credit when it's made.

"Symatic was of no help whatsoever". ;)

• Like 2

Probably far to late for feature requests but worth a shout.... a built in 2 in + 2 out class compliant interface with independent I/O controls would be sooooo useful on a portable deck. The ability to use iOS fx apps via one cable (like on the new Pio mixers) would make a portable deck infinitely more flexible

Looks awesome. It should have a top or a case of some sort, otherwise it's going to be hard to travel with.

It has a lid.

Thank god you decided to add this feature over the weekend, specifically due to my suggestion. Now if you don't mind I'll be headed over the comments section of DJ Worx to start drama over someone failing to credit me. Off-off, to the internet!

• Like 3

Looks awesome. It should have a top or a case of some sort, otherwise it's going to be hard to travel with.

It has a lid.

Thank god you decided to add this feature over the weekend, specifically due to my suggestion. Now if you don't mind I'll be headed over the comments section of DJ Worx to start drama over someone failing to credit me. Off-off, to the internet!

HANDY HINT: I find that gaffer tape is perfect for permanent engagement of the caps lock key. I'm always forgetting and come across as throughly reasonable as a result.

• Like 4

Ive jus seen the live vid from the other day, really impressed to see how well thought out and the flexibility of the current features.

A message Rasteri if he happens to swing by -

Firstly, kudos dude! Proper happy to see how heavily involved you are with the 7PS, instantly reassuring!

With the dedicated DVS USB port (which is fucking killer BTW) it seems that the architecture is practically in place for that port to also support mobile/iOS FX apps. You mentioned in the live stream vid that the DVS USB is of course pre fade, would it be feasible to add a pre/post fade switch option to the USB audio input? As that seems to be the one thing missing to make the 7PS work with apps like Loopy HD for post fade sampling.

Edit, here's the live feeds for the non social media peeps around these parts

https://www.facebook.com/7portablescratcher/videos/2109936199221704/

https://www.facebook.com/7portablescratcher/videos/2109872185894772/

Guest rasteri

Haha still not had the nerve to watch the vids back :)

Yeah a USB postfade switch would be possible. Obvs then you couldn't use it for DVS - would you use loops but not DVS?

• Like 1

You came across in the vid well mate, clear, concise, no nerves etc...

Difficult to say which Id use more, DVS via smart phone on a portable has its limits to the features of the software and the bonus of cutting up any digital samples, I could definitely see myself using that of sure.

The option of being able to switch the USB input to pre or post would at least give an option of having USB fx loop, one cable from deck to phone to enable easy access to every fx app and loopy on iOS would be dope and especially appealing to the vinyl only guys. With "Audio Bus" on iOS you'd be able to stack up all sorts of fx, instruments etc... all routed to the master output of the 7PS. When I used to have the Pio Nexus2, from the iOS usb fx loop and via Audio Bus on a iPad/phone I used to run a scratch beats app, two instances of a delay apps (for either side of loopy) and then, Loopy = have a freestyle cut over beat, sample some scratch some drums in, drop out the scratch beat, then do some live looping, add delays etc... Having that scenario on a minimal faff portable setup would be killer IMO.

Was not expecting Rasteri to be a similar size to me, soldering all the crap i break and am too cumbersome to solder made me think you were gonna be a tiny fella with "a womans hands me lord" haha

The deck is slick, i hope everybody took on board the candid comments that it is more likely to be years than months and dont start hassling.

Guest rasteri

Was not expecting Rasteri to be a similar size to me, soldering all the crap i break and am too cumbersome to solder made me think you were gonna be a tiny fella with "a womans hands me lord" haha

Haha naw I'm a clumsy oaf by nature. Anyone can learn to solder, it's all about practice.