A helpful video for beat juggling

djmikec

Guest Symatic

fair play for the vid, nice one! there's not enough exploration in beat juglling these days i reckon - I'm still catching up on techniques from aaaaaages ago!

• Like 1

I know that first pattern (tapping through one beat on one deck and back spinning a single sound on the other) as a "broken chase". I don't really know where I got that name from but I have a feeling that it may have been mentioned on the Shure Turntablism 101 video (possibly the Rob Swift section). It's been a long time since I've seen that video though so I might be completely wrong..

• Like 1

Cool! Yeah it definitely isn't a new concept by any means, but it is a really helpful one and I learned it from watching the Melo-D routine featured in this video. Sky's the limit from there 🤘

I know that first pattern (tapping through one beat on one deck and back spinning a single sound on the other) as a "broken chase". I don't really know where I got that name from but I have a feeling that it may have been mentioned on the Shure Turntablism 101 video (possibly the Rob Swift section). It's been a long time since I've seen that video though so I might be completely wrong..

Thanks for watching, glad you dug it! More on the way 👊

Nice video, thanks for the share. Checked out the channel, dope content, especially the 'best of bodytricks compilation' put a smile on my face. Such an underrated art form these days... :d

Edited by djmikec
  • Like 1

yeah those guys have a good channel.

they do breakdowns of famous routines, something i wish i'd done.

i always wanted to do a commentary for some classic battles with other djs. might still at some point.

But it could reduce into serious shittalking.

they do atraks space dust here

That was awesomely me Mike. Really well explained where even I could easily wrap my head around it.

Thank you Diggla! I feel like understanding this concept was a giant "before" and "after" in terms of my own beat juggling, so I'm happy to share it with people =)

That was awesomely me Mike. Really well explained where even I could easily wrap my head around it.

• Like 1

Do it anyway Savwar! More than enough space for everyone's thoughts to be shared. And who doesn't love some shit talking? lol

Glad you like the channel. For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's us looking at probably my all-time favorite beat juggle set: "KNT" by the late great Swift Rock.

yeah those guys have a good channel.

they do breakdowns of famous routines, something i wish i'd done.

i always wanted to do a commentary for some classic battles with other djs. might still at some point.

But it could reduce into serious shittalking.

they do atraks space dust here

• Like 1