Rip Avicci

medinah_nitro

Interesting how no one seems to know the guy whom most other people would call the most famous DJ of our times. Thanks DV! :)

Maybe you remember this one:

Nope.

Still none the wiser...I don't follow the commercial Dance music scene or the overtly saccharine pop charts personally so had no idea who this guy was unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure you've heard Levels before though. It's just one of those songs that was played everywhere constantly for a couple of years... and every now and again since.

Sorry, no.Not heard that one either.

I've just gone and listened to the 'Levels' track on YouTube to see what all the fuss is about and all I can say is, not much, I'm afraid.

It's probably not exactly a huge surprise to know that stuff like that is the absolute antithesis of what appeals to my taste. It just sounds like music for 7 year old little girls and chavs to my ears.

Interesting how no one seems to know the guy whom most other people would call the most famous DJ of our times. Thanks DV! :)

Maybe you remember this one:

Hadn't heard that one

I'm pretty sure you've heard Levels before though. It's just one of those songs that was played everywhere constantly for a couple of years... and every now and again since.

Ok, that one I am vaguely familiar with. Don't think I'd heard the original cut but the vocals I've heard on a remix or something. Or maybe TV ad.

I'm kinda surprised to be so unaware of this guy. Not really the sound I'm into but would have expected to know OF him like Steve Aoki or something.

I never heard of him either. I never quite understood the mega DJ thing but I figure these guys have to be talented and that it's just not my thing. Then again, every once in a while I come across some person on Youtube or Instagram and they have millions of views and they're just "reacting" to somebody else's video or song. The dude reacting has more hits than the song he's reacting to. I'm just not with "it" anymore and when I was with "it" hardly anybody liked what I was into anyway.

In any event, it sucks he died so young.

• Like 2

I'm just not with "it" anymore and when I was with "it" hardly anybody liked what I was into anyway.

My sentiments entirely! I love being 40 as I don't have to care anymore about such things.

Yup. I have to call in the 24 yr old coworker to explain slang to me sometimes. We old.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...