Scratch routine meets live band cover

Some of you would of seen these vids already but for those who haven't...

^^^ Really pleased how this came out, a pretty good reflection of how huge it sounds when we perform it live at shows. Would of loved to of gone in on the scratch drum tech but I pussy'ed out in favour of jus nailing a neat as pos recording.

And made this above edit showing how I hooked up with Dat Brass and the timeline of my IDA set to the brass band cover version being recorded.

• Like 4

Ha yes Doob :)

Yeah that Vaults gig you came to jus before Crimbo was an ideal first Dat Brass show to see, decent sound, dope venue, mad up for it crowd ... fugging stage invasion tho <_< <_<

While theres a seemingly loads brass bands doing the covers of big classics thing, I think dat brass have an interesting niche of hi energy, wide fusion of musical genres... plus there originals are actually really fucking good.

Apart from the incredible hypnotic brass ensemble I cant think many other brass acts that perform with such enthusiasm, the energy they play with is mad infectious and transmits in to the audience at every gig, I was in shell shock the first time I played with em lol.

The fact they love what scratching adds to there sound basically overrides all of the above, there mad keen to integrate what I can do as much as pos. When they decided to do a proper band version of my Sweet Lorna routine at last years Bestival, the band bossman wrote a horn section after watching my youtube vid, we rehearsed literally a couple of times a day before the festival and then jus done it live... bloody trained musicians and there ability to jus do dope shit ffs :)

• Like 2

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

These vids are both sick as ballz! It makes me super happy to know you're doing this dope ish! I still need to see you live but keep forgetting to keep looking up the live dates.

These vids are both sick as ballz! It makes me super happy to know you're doing this dope ish! I still need to see you live but keep forgetting to keep looking up the live dates.

Dude come to TN32 festival in Bodiam! home turf gig, Im doing a dj set, a Dat Brass show plus Matt is doing a couple of reggae sets there to,

Oooooh, sounds like a plan! May be better if it's outside cos i'm getting really bad persistant tinitus these days which is making me consider about how many gigs i actually go to in the future for fear of deafness/going nuts through just hearing oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh all the time :(

Wicked vids mate!

I can't embed the Facebook video unfortunately. I no longer have an account and FB doesn't let you do shit if you don't log in these days. It doesn't let me see the embed code. If you can PM it to me I can sort it.

EDIT - Sorted.

• Like 2

Some of you would of seen these vids already but for those who haven't...

^^^ Really pleased how this came out, a pretty good reflection of how huge it sounds when we perform it live at shows. Would of loved to of gone in on the scratch drum tech but I pussy'ed out in favour of jus nailing a neat as pos recording.

That was fucking brilliant !... :8

• Like 1

^ It must have been hard for him to write whilst cupping Paul's balls so tenderly :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

Super JK. I plus one that hard, too, serendipity in action

• Like 3

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

The S, The I, The C, The K............. The A, The S.......... The F, The U, The C, The K...............

Pure dope vibes definitely on my list to catch live :8

• Like 2