Pad scratch aka Ttm presets by Jazzy Jeff.

DJ-ing/Scratching/Turntablism is like real sex

This among other styles are like "having" sex with a plastic doll (next-level-edition)

Ps: I'm not clicking that link at work

• Like 1

Well, even Jeff has to eat, and a check from Pioneer is always welcome.

So long with the turntablist bullshit he's been carrying around, I'm unfollowing him everywhere. This idea is dumb and will only demonize scratching even more to the mainstream ears, as every PaulyD will fuck the shit out of this feature in every small venue.

I'm only surprised it took this long. I think we've all said before about a theoretical VSTi where all the scratch motions / patterns were pre-recorded and you could map any audio to it.

Just like hip-hop idiots nicking real music via samplers innit.

• Like 1

Stolen breaks always make the tastiest breaks..

On a similar tip I once nicked a chicken mayo sandwich from Greggs in Manchester town centre on my lunch break cause the queue was massive and believe me, it was absolutely delicious.

DGwVaaU.jpg

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Nice jizzwich, Dan. Looks spunky. Plenty of special sauce on that one.

Hey, we're all gonna get replaced by crazy robots sooner or later, go with the flow. I've already strated insert microchips into all my food to speed up the process. Personally, I blame Issac Asimov.

• Like 2

I'm only surprised it took this long. I think we've all said before about a theoretical VSTi where all the scratch motions / patterns were pre-recorded and you could map any audio to it.

That exist in FLstudio since eons. Its called Wave traveller.

https://youtu.be/aja8PKgBN30

Also Grossbeat has something more presetized

https://youtu.be/Rx6MJi6nsgM

(2:05)

Nice jizzwich, Dan. Looks spunky. Plenty of special sauce on that one.

Hey, we're all gonna get replaced by crazy robots sooner or later, go with the flow. I've already strated insert microchips into all my food to speed up the process. Personally, I blame Issac Asimov.

Past too...

https://youtu.be/Z77gIF6sq50

Almost the FL studio tools let you draw the scratch. In the Pio solution you have the Jazzy Jeff presets and nothing else. Zero interest from any side, includding the learning purpose...

Its funny as fuck reading this thread and remembering all the uppity prick drummers who said the same thing about beat loops "Will kill real drumming" actually it didn't kill drumming, just added extra people to it, same with this, if it gets more people in to cutting, who gives a shit, I probably cant afford one because it is Pioneer, but it already scratches better than i do, so fuck yeah.

• Like 1

Not really. Grooveboxes didnt kill the drummers but make them unnecessary in some scenarios.

In the djing field this probably will not have some effect due that step has been done long time ago (almost in my country) being very few artist (near to zero and only well stablished from 90s) who still go with scratch dj. New generations (mostly trap artist) didnt grow with the dj at the decks... just youtube instrumentals or Ableton Live etc.

The Serato mantra about realness faded long ago... so this is more focused towards wanabee bedroom djs or defeated the bridge producers asking for revamped tools... in fact die hards keep themselves with analog for scratching (and maybe twelves in the future)

If it grows as tool it could be useful in some way. As it is just seem a preset toy near to yamaha djx than anything else IMHO.

Not really. Grooveboxes didnt kill the drummers but make them unnecessary in some scenarios.

In the djing field this probably will not have some effect due that step has been done long time ago (almost in my country) being very few artist (near to zero and only well stablished from 90s) who still go with scratch dj. New generations (mostly trap artist) didnt grow with the dj at the decks... just youtube instrumentals or Ableton Live etc.

The Serato mantra about realness faded long ago... so this is more focused towards wanabee bedroom djs or defeated the bridge producers asking for revamped tools... in fact die hards keep themselves with analog for scratching (and maybe twelves in the future)

If it grows as tool it could be useful in some way. As it is just seem a preset toy near to yamaha djx than anything else IMHO.

I assume you mean't DJXII and DJXII box there ?

DJX is vastly vastly different and still one of the keyboards i wouldn't sell, absolutely killer piece of kit, in fact i know a lot of producers would never part with theirs.

Now that DJXII piece of shit, I actually set fire to one of those terrible cunts.

• Like 2

I assume you mean't DJXII and DJXII box there ?

DJX is vastly vastly different and still one of the keyboards i wouldn't sell, absolutely killer piece of kit, in fact i know a lot of producers would never part with theirs.

Now that DJXII piece of shit, I actually set fire to one of those terrible cunts.

Yes I was talking about the shitty box one.

IDK why the first is so valuable (I heard that before) but these are rare as unicorns for sure. If you can point me about their magic I will appriciate it, mate <3

• Like 1

Mutis-

those original Yamaha DJX keyboards are actually not bad in my opinion.

I had one for a year or so that a mate gave to me (which stopped working eventually) but it did have some pretty useable sounds and you could really tweak stuff nicely too ..I used it with my old SP 808 with loads of FX processing and got some cool stuff that way and some of the Bass patches on the DJX are brilliant btw.

Saw one recently in a Crack Converters store for around £35 which I probably should have picked up really but ended up passing on it in the end.

• Like 1

I don't really see a problem with it. It's not going to replace anything and if it helps bring people in that's a good thing. Anybody trying to get by as legit on that is not going to make it.

I don't see a problem with it either, it just seems pointless to me. Hitting a pad and mimicking the noise that it makes seems like a clunky, over-complicated way of learning compared to watching someone scratch on a tutorial video and repeating what you see/hear.

• Like 1

Thanks Dan! Any resource about it? I want to get clear what it can offer to me if I found a bargain like that crap converters you found.

I don't really see a problem with it. It's not going to replace anything and if it helps bring people in that's a good thing. Anybody trying to get by as legit on that is not going to make it.

I don't see a problem with it either, it just seems pointless to me. Hitting a pad and mimicking the noise that it makes seems like a clunky, over-complicated way of learning compared to watching someone scratch on a tutorial video and repeating what you see/hear.

Well it also gives you the waveform movement in the GUI of serato but my gut says that will be useful only for experienced users so Im agreed that it will not be the best approach for newbies neither.

I still think its an excuse from Pioneer to move an step forward into entertainer standalone machine and Jazzy Jeff being fooled (or self-fooled who knows?) by Pioneer lies.

is it so crazy to ask if we can "combine" the things people are doing manually with something new and "automated"

what's so terrible about finding a fader pattern that fits well "with" or "over" an automated cut.

the first thing I would do with one of those controllers is open it up and solder about five arcade buttons to one button on the board, so i could drag across them and do a "stutter", and then tinker around for some fader patterns that would fit it.

if i tried and saw it was really ridiculous, then at least i'd know. but considering how 'white-noise monotonous' scratching is becoming, i'm open to some knew patterns, particularly those not "humanly" possible

Edited by Efhutton

The people spitting blood about it on some of the FB scratch groups is fucking hilarious, anyone who actually gets angry about shit like this is suffering from tiny penis syndrome.

To be fair i couldn't give a shit about this but i still have a tiny penis :(

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...