Serato DJ Pro

djdiggla

I'm actually a little stoked on the hope that the 64 bit will bring down latency and help performance. Also, I think they might have fixed the sizing issue for high-res screens in one of the later updates but I've been running this weird workaround to force the program to display at a readable size. They were WAYYYY past due on that. Most of my beefs with Serato have been performance/ease of use type things, not features. I'm probably going a wait a minute before installing though.

One thing I didn't notice until the other week was that the original Rane 57 has these effects shortcuts that were helpful. I went over to my homie's house and he's like "tap the transformer switch to set your delay tempo". What?!!! I don't have to fiddle with the computer screen for that? I tried the same thing on my 57mkii and nothing. ...

im still stuck with Live , Dj worked for a bit but just started hanging everytime i loaded it up so hoping the update is gonna fix it ! TBH tho, not really that bother as live does what i need....

feature i would like to have seen is upgrading the sp-6 to an sp-32

Is it an upgrade or a totally different program? ...like SSL vs Serato DJ vs Serato Itch or whatever it was called.

Well it lists a load of bug fixes in the release notes... Could mean they're fixing them from the previous version still?

I was part of the beta testing for it & tested yesterday the official release. Its solid as SDJ 1.9, but don't expect any difference like SSL vs SDJ. This has to do more with 64bit support and hi-def displays. It has a few bells and whistles around but nothing major for DVS users.

My beef with Serato will continue forever until they unlock FX routing to the AUX channel on SL3/SL4. Those mofos have kept this locked since forever to push mixer sales and until SL boxes are irrelevant anymore.

I upgraded last night. Unfortunately it replaces Serato DJ... was hoping to have the option if Pro works shitty. Have not had the chance to fire it up yet but will let yall know. I've had problems with DJ closing recently... get the spinning beachball of death like it's stuck then have to restart if I want to open DJ again so hoping this fixes that issue.

I upgraded last night. Unfortunately it replaces Serato DJ... was hoping to have the option if Pro works shitty. Have not had the chance to fire it up yet but will let yall know. I've had problems with DJ closing recently... get the spinning beachball of death like it's stuck then have to restart if I want to open DJ again so hoping this fixes that issue.

I think the 64-bit upgrade should allow more file storage and better use of the laptop's power so hopefully it will resolve this. But I'm waiting till they've ironed out any teething problems and will probably update/upgrade at 2.0.1 or 2. No matter how much beta testing they do they'll still be some issues with this new release so I'm not in that much of a hurry.

I think the 64-bit upgrade should allow more file storage and better use of the laptop's power so hopefully it will resolve this. But I'm waiting till they've ironed out any teething problems and will probably update/upgrade at 2.0.1 or 2. No matter how much beta testing they do they'll still be some issues with this new release so I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Good thinking. I seldom make major updates until it's been thoroughly tested. I always do this with operating systems, too.

Ahh ,it's so good to see that people are still playing records.

All is well in the world...

During my early DJ years I had to make a choice: invest in records or invest in equipment. I couldn't afford both at the same time, so choices had to be made. Coincidence was that SSL had just came out.

Good thinking. I seldom make major updates until it's been thoroughly tested. I always do this with operating systems, too.

Same here. Whenever Apple churn out one of their quarterly OS releases I always hit the Logic forums and see threads of users bitching about how Logic doesn't work anymore.

Crack on! :((

• Like 1

Ahh ,it's so good to see that people are still playing records.

All is well in the world...

For the record, I still mostly play records, mostly.

So, people who have updated, does it automatically import all of your tracks and crates or whatever they call them from the old version?

All that cash spunked on Serato could have got you a near mint copy of Skull Snaps.

In a frame of course.

You wouldn't actually play or sample it,you'd just look at it instead.

You would also unfortunately get kicked out of your house or apartment though because you'd have to spend all of your next month's rent on an original copy of Impeach The President just to balance shit out properly but that's just Hip Hop for you I'm afraid...

• Like 1

I've been using it a little. Seems more stable to me. I'm not getting the MIDI load error messages I used to get and messages about the program not shutting down correctly. The program seems to run more smoothly. The high-res is way better visually. I also haven't noticed any pops or clicks yet but I haven't dialed back the latency to see how far I can push it yet.

• Like 1