Rockstar announces Red Dead Redemption 2 worldwide release -Fall 2017

danswift

Damn I am so tempted. Would it even pre-load in time if I ordered it now on PSN?!

Maybe. You'd need to hit about 40 Mbps on average to have it ready for midnight, that's assuming it unlocks then. I think it unlocks at 12:01 on Xbox Live.

• Like 1

Gamestop is releasing it at 9:00 tonight. I called em up lady said they do a pre-ring up then you get in line @ 7:30 and wait till 9:00 then the copies get handed out.....Yeah fuck that I'm not waiting in a damn line for it. I'll grab my reserved copy tomorrow hopefully.

Some technical info on the versions: -

Xbox One X = 4K (3,840 x 2,160) @ 30 FPS with one or two minor drops during cut scenes

PS4 Pro = 1,920 x 2,160 @ 30 FPS with some drops during cut scenes and gameplay

PS4 = 1080p @ 30 FPS with regular drops to the low 20s in the more populated and denser areas

Xbox One S = 864p @ 30 FPS with regular drops to the low 20s, although not quite as bad as the base PS4

The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro both have enhanced texture quality over the base consoles.

Pretty crazy that they got native 4K out of the Xbox One X with this.

• Like 2

Freakin love it! Even the wifes playing it! I will say the map is Huge i got a bit lost/drunk last night ended up

playing dominos & won! Im sure its got poker somewhere along the story like the previous ones. Fun fact: you can get drunk in the game 😎 the screen gets a wavey & shit!

Just get it. Its worth it.

I'm liking it a lot but it's very slow. Not in a bad way. Lots of cut scenes and less sandbox feel than I expected but it's starting to open up and get more free. I'm only on Chapter 2 (7 of 107 missions done). It definitely has the feel of Rockstar smelling their own farts... they don't want you to just play the game--they want you to look at what they've created and how impressive it is... want to or not. Also annoying is the manual save is disabled for the first chapter which boned me a few times when I had to go do something and the system auto powered off. It's really dope tho. I was worried that I wasn't going to like it but I'll be playing this more than BO4.

• 11 months later...