El-P x Guitar Pedals (/guitar pedals FTW)

Guest petesasqwax

Havent had chance to read the entire thread, but on the subject of guitar pedals (i still have to try the sy300 on a deck) but has anybody tried a whammy pedal ? Seems that this pitch changing stuff is all the rage (and a shit ton to set up compared to the cost of a whammy)

• Like 1

Flexi-

Ive owned a Digitech WH 1 in the past and they are really cool FX

obviously i used it primarily on the guitar but ive also used it with keyboards as well

Ive used it to record samples with a delay also hooked up in the chain and got some pretty far out results that way

What i would suggest to anyone who is thinking of getting hold of one is buy the XP 100 version as this also has a killer Wah function incorporated within the unit and has more FX to play with but the original models are perfectly fine if you already have something like a Crybaby to start with or you're not fussed about the Wah side of things..

The best sounds i used in combination with the whammy pedal for my own preferences would have to be this

Digitech Whammy

Boss Digital Reverb pedal (using the hold function to make loops with)

MXR Phase 90 (orginal 70's non-LED model)

Dunlop Crybaby Wah (orginal )

Boss Tremelo pedal

Some seriously good sounds right there and ones that could easily be applied for use with a turntable set up or any other instruments more or less

In 2009 a company called Molten Voltage released a Midi controller for the 4 modern whammy pedals (including the Bass whammy pedal ) called Molten Midi but ive never tried one out for myself im afraid so cant give any additional advice on what those are like to use in performance or a recording set up

Long time no post, anyway, this might interest some of you: http://www.pedalsandeffects.com

Bass player Juan Alderete's (Mars Volta, Racer X, Deltron 3030, Bass player on Dr Octogon's Bear Witness) website/blog about pedals and effects. It's got various reviews, interviews etc

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Damn, that site is ILL! Thanks for the link. The video is dope, too. I went through a stage of watching a load of "what's on their pedalboard" type videos, but never encountered this one.

• Like 2

Long time no post, anyway, this might interest some of you: http://www.pedalsandeffects.com

Bass player Juan Alderete's (Mars Volta, Racer X, Deltron 3030, Bass player on Dr Octogon's Bear Witness) website/blog about pedals and effects. It's got various reviews, interviews etc

fucking hell ...Racer X ..!

Paul Gilbert from that band is a damn fine guitarist even though im not much of a metal fan tbh

but i do like some of the solo records he's made