Numark is bringing out the PT01 Scratch!

Guest rasteri

Oh right I assumed it'd be something more complicated than the cable... I'll just grab a couple of broken ones off ebay then I guess, haha.

To be honest, since the CDX has upgradable firmware then making a hacked firmware for it that could read SD cards would be waaay easier than building a CD drive emulator. I know next to nothing about CDXs but they seem like an awesome platform for hacking and I'd love to have a go. I've added "CDX" to my ebay saved searches :)

Guest rasteri

So apparently the pt-01's switch is a spring-loaded toggle switch, so open-fader scratches (or pretty much anything if you're hamster-style) suck. It has an aux in that plays through the internal speaker though, and the switch doesn't pop or click or anything so modding a fader into it should be very very doable.

• Like 2

Oh right I assumed it'd be something more complicated than the cable... I'll just grab a couple of broken ones off ebay then I guess, haha.To be honest, since the CDX has upgradable firmware then making a hacked firmware for it that could read SD cards would be waaay easier than building a CD drive emulator. I know next to nothing about CDXs but they seem like an awesome platform for hacking and I'd love to have a go. I've added "CDX" to my ebay saved searches :)

No needed I hope... It seems the mp3 decoder board will done the job and only needs the usb/mmedia interface... Then plug a thumb drive and lcd will show you the files. Check the schematics at pdf please.

If it works, next step is make it portable :V

So apparently the pt-01's switch is a spring-loaded toggle switch, so open-fader scratches (or pretty much anything if you're hamster-style) suck. It has an aux in that plays through the internal speaker though, and the switch doesn't pop or click or anything so modding a fader into it should be very very doable.

Yeah!

Guest rasteri

No needed I hope... It seems the mp3 decoder board will done the job and only needs the usb/mmedia interface... Then plug a thumb drive and lcd will show you the files. Check the schematics at pdf please.

Yeah I noticed the part of the schematics with USB but I'm betting the firmware won't tell the mp3 decoder to speak to the USB controller. Luckily the menu system is controlled by a very standard PIC microcontroller so it'll be very modifyable.

You any idea what the ML1201E chip is? I presume it's a renamed mp3 decoder IC but I can't find any info on the net about it.

• Like 1

Maybe we could upgrade it with hdx firmware?

About chips, all the info I found is uploaded at folder but I will make a research and come back ;)

Edit: yes it seems the main chip. Maybe there are some glues in the chip itself...

@Flexinoodle Could you open one and take some pics? I will try to do with mine but I have the lab upside down and no better place for open gear at this moment XD

Edited by Mutis Mayfield