Simulating an 808 kick drum

Guest rasteri

Guest rasteri

The decay's a bit short and I bought the wrong voltage regulator so I can't power it from a micro USB cable but it works pretty well.

• Like 3

Guest rasteri

I fixed the decay and it now sounds really good (close to an original 808) but I doubt I'll be selling these things. It'd be a sketchy to just sell a loose circuit board (if you touch the bottom it makes strange noises, etc), and I just don't have the time to do the enclosure fabrication etc that would be required to make this into a proper stable product.

I have enough parts to build 5 of them as just circuit boards without a box like you see in the video. If anyone wants one it'll be £100 just so I make my money back. They run off micro usb and give a mono jack output.

Guest rasteri

Oh and in the spirit of open source, here are the schematic and board files for the project, in case anyone wants to build one themselves (a few people built nanofaders from my plans and I couldn't be more happy about that)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FEmphzxtnxRHhFeG5Oek5OcTg/view?usp=sharing

(credit to Eric Archer for eagleifying the original 808 service manual)

• Like 1